TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2006, 01:50 PM   #1
Hondo

Default Trailmanor Factory Tour

We went for a factory tour Tuesday. If you ever travel I-75 or I-40 in the area of Knoxville, Tennessee, it is well worth your stopping for a tour. It is about 20 to 30 minutes north of I-40 on I-75. The factory is about 200 yards off exit 129 of I-75 and easy to find. They have morning and afternoon tours and are very friendly. They are in the middle of transitioning between 2006 and 2007 models. I don't have a Trailmanor yet. We are a year from retirement, so some things that they mentioned would change on the 2007, we may have been misunderstood. Here is what I think I heard:
1. New graphics on the outside.
2. New bath tub that is deeper.
3. Radius counter rather than square counter corner at entrance.
4.Tooth brush holder.
5. Shower head holder.
6. New fabrics and colors on interior.
7. Possible new floor covering options.
8. The sink or sinks may be rotated to a new angle.
We had every question answered and understand why they do the things they do.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:55 PM   #2
Freedom

Sounds like fun! We are planning on going there in the Fall after a trip to the Williamsburg area. We plan on going the northern route (I-90) and come back on I-75. Thanks for the directions!
Old 06-23-2006, 04:07 PM   #3
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

Default State Park Nearby

Norris Dam State Park is very near Lake City and is a nice place to stay. You can also visit Oak Ridge from there. Too bad, when we were passing through the TM factory was closed
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:37 PM   #4
Bill & Lisa

Default 2007 Innovations

We were excited to have 4 2007 TM available to walk thru at the jubilee thanks to the folks at the Car Show.

They were a:

3124 KS
and a 2720SL

here are some pictures. Sorry if they are a little grainy but I have a lot of pictures and am almost out of my allotted storage space. I can email high res photos to anyone who needs more detail.

Here is a list of some of the changes.
1. There is a 4th outside light now mounted on the front curb corner of front shell that faces forward
2. A gold swath to the grapic
3. the skylights are mounted side by side instead of along the centerline.
4. the tv antenna is bigger and mounted almost on the centerline (still slightly toward the street side. (these last two changes leave two large rectangular spots on the front shell that look to be the right size to mount 2 solar panels
5. the shell locks that rotate up onto the pegs and pin the shells in the open postition have rounded ends instead of blunt square ends
6. the fabrics are different (see photo)
7. there is a short cupboard that mounts over the stove (see photo)
8. The cupboard over the sink is shorter
9. The sink is different and includes a sprayer
10. The stove is stainless steel, has a pizo electric lighter and is easier to clear under the grate.
11. The sides of the tub are shorter and allows easier access.
12. The walls of the bathroom are closer to the ceiling but not to the degree I expected based on the early reports (see photo)
13. The bathroom door has new better hinges, a sturdier latch and is now flush with the wall when shut.
14. The bathroom sink has been rotated 45 degrees counter clockwise and the long axis of the eclipse in oriented fore to aft.
15. New Latch to secure the lower part of the door to the upper part of the door. (see photo)
16. The front lamps (under the speakers) have been replaced with a directional reading lamp.
17. The AM/FM/CD is now a standard feature.

Anyone else think of any others?

Bill
Old 07-05-2006, 04:13 PM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Camper
...they are considering installing a flat tv on the bathroom wall facing the kitchen....
Wouldn't that hide the TV behind the hanging cabinet over the sink?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:57 PM   #6
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

I like the way the new kitchen sink looks. It looks like it's a lot better for getting the water out of the sink and into the drain. Seems like I'm always having to chase the water down the drain with a sponge or cloth. The stove looks good too, more of an overall flat surface.

Thanks for posting the pics!

D
Old 07-05-2006, 09:27 PM   #7
Bill & Lisa

Mike Hulsey did talk about mounting a flat screen on the bathroom wall. With that cabinet being shorter and if they mount it offset to the left vice centered on the wall I think there is room for a 15" or so size TV. Now, depending on your model that will present a pretty small picture if you get too far away. Maybe you have to forgo the over the sink cabinet. Although the mounting brackets are the same I don't think you could put the bigger cabnet over the stove due to the proximity of the burners. DW liked the idea of the cabinet over the stove but not the execution. In her opinion they should have installed a SS shield under the bottom of the cabinet. Not for heat resistance purposes but to make it easy to clean any grease etc. that might get carried up and onto the bottom of the cabinet.

Bill
Old 07-06-2006, 08:49 AM   #8
Bill
Site Team

We have a 17" flat screen TV. Up to now, we have set it up on the counter above the refrig, but it takes up space there. Next time out, I plan to hang it on the side of the hanging cabinet, facing the couch. First I have to fabricate a simple bracket to hang it with - I want it to be angled out into the room a bit, rather than being aligned flat against the side of the cabinet.

Bill
Old 07-07-2006, 12:51 AM   #9
wwjam

To the two Bill's.

Can you really hang a t.v from that cabinet and it not be too heavy? It sounds like a good place to put it to be out of the way, and for good viewing.

Thanks for sharing the pictures of the new 2007. I wonder if that new lock can be added to our existing trailers?

Thanks,
Jo Ann
Old 07-07-2006, 08:08 AM   #10
Bill
Site Team

Jo Ann -

Fair question. I think the answer is "Yes". On the other hand, I haven't done it yet, so I can't be sure.

A 17" flat screen TV is not too heavy - maybe 10 pounds - so I think the cabinet is up to the task. Especially since I don't keep anything heavy in the cabinet itself (only paper plates, plastic cups, napkins, etc). And of course I would hang the cabinet on the wall first, then hang the TV on the cabinet - and reverse the sequence when taking it down.

Right now I am wrestling with the question of whether to have a one-piece hanger or a two-piece hanger. The one-piece version would be a piece of U-bent sheet metal permanently screwed to the back of the TV. It would hook over the trim piece at the top of the cabinet. The two piece version would have one of its pieces permanently screwed to the side of the cabinet, and the other permanently screwed to the back of the TV. Both are pretty simple in concept, but since I don't have access to a sheet metal brake, I have to think it through carefully.

When I get it done, I will post.

BTW, Wal-Mart has two wall-mount kits for flat screens. Either would work. But the cheap one allows adjustment only up-down, but doesn't allow you to angle the TV out into the room. And the more expensive one, which allows adjustment in all directions, is - well, expensive. And neither is quick to hang.

Bill