TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-24-2007, 08:14 AM   #1
hjcarlson

Default Used blue curtains for sale?

We just bought a 1998 2518 and before reading the manual I washed the curtains and put them in the dryer...of course all of you seasoned owners know what happened, I shrunk them...so, I was wondering if anybody my have updated their old camper colors and might have a set of the blue curtains?
Old 06-25-2007, 05:44 PM   #2
hjcarlson

Funny...
Old 06-25-2007, 08:45 PM   #3
schmazel

Default Curtains for sale

E-mail Mike McCarthy at [email protected]. He has a set of blue curtains for sale.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:03 PM   #4
hjcarlson

Thanks....
Old 06-27-2007, 10:02 PM   #5
hjcarlson

Leon,

Sorry, I mistook your comment...but I actually like the "old" blue....and I don't sew...but thanks for the suggestion.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:27 PM   #6
HeySue

My husband and I just bought a 99 3124 King yesterday. The curtains will definitely need washing. What are the manufacturers recommendations of that anyway? Can you wash them and line dry them with no problem? Thanks!
Old 06-30-2007, 09:02 PM   #7
MidwestDave

Thumbs up Curtains

DW just repaired three curtains, front bed (2) and rear bed(1) because I pulled off one tab on the rear and two tabs on the front ones. DW hand sewed them back on, I was impressed. Sewing through plastic tabs with a small needle did the job. Had a roof leak and pulled down on curtains to remove. Bad idea. There are some great fabric patterns around if a person could sew and wanted personalized curtains for their TM. Maybe Trail Manor
should look at expanding their selection of colors and patterns for their interiors. From what I have heard even the new colors aren't that great!
We had a choice of two colors like most of you TM'ers. Just a thought!
Have a safe and happy 4th!

Midwest Dave
Quad Cities USA, Northwestern Illinois
Old 07-03-2007, 06:45 PM   #8
grakin

I pulled three (!) tabs off the front curtain. I thought about sewing it back on, but superglue seemed so much easier (and it's been working fine so far).

(I'll keep this quick - I'm at Keyhole State Park in Wyoming, and I have an entire camping loop to myself - the day before the 4th of July - and the loop even has trees, and I've already bought my yearly camping pass [something like $50] so I am really set up pretty nicely right now - which means I've got plenty of great things to do!)
Old 07-09-2007, 10:32 AM   #9
smookie

Default dry clean the curtains

Hello,
It has been a while since I've posted because we sold our TM back in April. I wanted to say that I had success with using "Dryel" dry cleaning method in my clothes dryer at home. It cleaned my blue curtains, freshened them up and no shrinkage. smookie
Old 07-09-2007, 11:16 AM   #10
ameridan

Critters got into my trailer over the winter (they crawl up in between the walls grabbing onto the curtains I guess) and consequently I too was looking for blue curtains. When I called Trailmanor last week though, they said blue curtains are no longer made and there are no more in-stock; they only have tan now. So now you have to buy a complete set with valence panels and tie-backs, all in a boring color that won't coodinate with the cushions. For all of the hundreds they sold in blue, you'd think they would still produce blue for aftermarket sales.

SHould be easy to replace though - 11 screws fasten the valence panels, tie-backs and curtains to the walls.