TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-05-2008, 08:13 PM   #1
Mr. Jan Rooks

Default Storage Covers or Tarps are mandatory

Attached are two or three photos of my 1996 TM3023. The first picture is under the $30 20 x 30 ft. tarp from the local hardware with a couple of ropes for securing it in place. The ropes going under the trailer came unclipped.

The second photo is of the trailer and van Florida. Please note that the rear latch is lose and the red tiedown strap going from the eye ring on the top of the front section to the bottom of the rear section. The red ratcheting tiedown does more than just keep the front section sealed to the back section; it is keeping the trailer from opening up. As it turns out the trailer was stored without a cover by the previous owner. The trailer shop that soled me the trailer added the tiedowns because the wood screws that hold the latch to the bottom of the front and rear sections are not holding because the 2 x 4s the are in the bottom edge of each top section have dry rotted out. The rot is also evident behind the screws that hold the rear corner latches. The problem is that repeated rains that run down the side of the trailer, weep into the crack between the side and the U-channel on the bottom of the top sections, allowing the wood to get wet over and over.
TO PREVENT THIS DETERIORATION, A VENTED COVER THAT EXTENDS BELOW THE BOTTOM EDGES OF THE TOP SECTIONS. To aid in ventilation and shedding water, a 12 ft. 2x4 is resting on the top of the AC unit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TM3023 Stored.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	2582   Click image for larger version

Name:	TM3023 closed & van .JPG
Views:	83
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	2583  
Old 03-21-2008, 07:30 PM   #2
Mr. Jan Rooks

Well folks, I have tried 4 or 5 times to upload the pictures but after the "Uploading, Please Wait" goers away, Bill says that the pictures should be only 50 to 100 kb. So the red tiedown strap and ring holding the tops togather is a bit hard to see.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:48 PM   #3
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

There is an online picture resizing site that is very easy to use, you may want to try it:

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

There are others, but I always use this one.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:59 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

No, the site doesn't suck. But there is no reason to upload a huge picture. I've never seen a case where 50 KB couldn't show everything we need to see.

B&D has suggested one easy solution. Another easy one, if you are running Windows XP or Vista, is to download the Image Resizer Powertoy from Microsoft. Two clicks and you are done.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

And there is yet one more approach outlined in the TM Reference Library (TM Info You Won't Finds Anywhere Else). One of our members has graciously made available a big chunk of space for big pictures on a dedicated TM Photo web site.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:17 AM   #5
Joseph

Default Shrink the picture . . .

Mr. Rocks . . .

I had the same problem as you until I learned how to shrink the picture. Almost any picture file handling software can do it. The software I use came with my HP 4215. This is a great site for learning and sharing information. Sometimes the things we learn about are not even TrailManors...

Good luck and Happy Camping!
Old 03-22-2008, 09:15 AM   #6
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_and_D View Post
There is an online picture resizing site that is very easy to use, you may want to try it:

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

There are others, but I always use this one.
I have been using the image resizer from Microsoft (which I learned about from Bill on these forums) with great success for many projects.

I appreciate the advice from B_and_D on shrinkpictures. It fits the bill for some other things I been needing to do.

Like Joseph says, you can learn many things here, not just on TrailManors.