Southern CA Beach Campgrounds

New Reply
Subscription Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
12-02-2010, 04:20 PM
joshbw

I made my reservations yesterday for San Elijo in June. I cannot believe that a majority of the campground was booked by 5 minutes after the reservations went on sale. Must be a good place... even though $50 a night is a bit steep for no hook ups.

Cannot wait until June!

Thanks all.
12-02-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshbw View Post
I made my reservations yesterday for San Elijo in June. I cannot believe that a majority of the campground was booked by 5 minutes after the reservations went on sale. Must be a good place... even though $50 a night is a bit steep for no hook ups.

Cannot wait until June!

Thanks all.
That price puts that place outa my reach
12-02-2010, 07:19 PM

It's still cheaper than Seacliff (10 miles from our house). The hookup sites are $65 and the "parking lot" ones (no hookups) are $55. And Seacliff was almost totally booked by the time I checked online yesterday for June (so I booked Big Sur instead).

We like to stay at Carpenteria in January when we head south to the desert, you can usually just drive in and get a site during the week, even an oceanfront one if you're lucky. We've been treated to some beautiful sunsets during our stays there.

We stayed at Refugio one year during the summer solstice (that was a big mistake) it was packed to the gills. Nice area, but way too many people in a small area. I'll bet it's nice during the fall and winter, though.

I've always wanted to stay at Jalama Beach, might try it on our way south this year. I seem to recall that there is another campground nearby, but more inland we could stay at if we can't get in there.
12-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Beak12

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubjaysnest View Post
That price puts that place outa my reach
I was shocked also by the price. Could not believe a CA State CG would be that much. So because I live about 20min away, I went there this AM. And your right if you want full hookups on the beach/cliff it's $65.00 per night.
However there is a store and small restaurant there (outside eating) (fog was hanging heavy over the place today did not get out of the car) and someone runs a Surf shop/lessons right in the CG.
12-11-2010, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wahlsten View Post
I was shocked also by the price. Could not believe a CA State CG would be that much. So because I live about 20min away, I went there this AM. And your right if you want full hookups on the beach/cliff it's $65.00 per night.
However there is a store and small restaurant there (outside eating) (fog was hanging heavy over the place today did not get out of the car) and someone runs a Surf shop/lessons right in the CG.
Ya.....the State doubled the price on these CGs about a year ago. We go there about 1/2 as much as we used to because a beach-front site will cost $200 for a 4-day weekend.

That's why we camp at Pt Mugu so much. A 4-day weekend is only $100......a year ago, a 4-day weekend was $44 though. Besides, Pt Mugu is more peaceful (and closer for us).
12-08-2010, 03:45 PM
kutzweb

Quote:

Cannot wait until June!

Thanks all.
They have hookup sites too!!
12-08-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:

Cannot wait until June!

Thanks all.
What site # did you get?

We are going to San Elijo Apr 24-28, site #37. That's one of our favorite CGs.
New Reply