TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2017, 07:55 AM   #19
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

As I said originally, mine is very similar, although not to the degree that I see daylight coming in between the back shell & front shell, as it appears in one of your photos.

I have no issue with leaks, now that I've sealed all the roof seams with Eternabond tape. However, I am aware that my rear shell is slightly concave, so I usually store it with the rear end lower than the front end. I also keep it tarped, have for several years, and have never had any issue with mold or mildew. I have zero doubt that mine is from snow load. After the initial damage, for two years I rigged up a framing system with 3" PVC as a frame (one for front shell, one for rear shell), laying on the roof, with 1" PVC arched over the top, after drilling holes in the 3" PVC to stick them into. Then tarped the whole thing. I didn't do that this past winter. Not only that, I am remodeling, so I've removed most everything from inside. Lesson learned, I should have left the mattresses in place. Without the arched roof under the tarp, there was snow load again this past winter, and the rear shell pressed down enough (with no mattress in place to stop it), that the vertical side counter to the left of the kitchen sink, the one that the forward bathroom wall butts up against, ended up punching through the interior rear ceiling, in the shower area. Cosmetic damage only, and I'll seal it up with Eternabond tape, but as a warning, with your roof in the same condition as mine, I wouldn't close the trailer up without having the mattress in place.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bathroom ceiling rip.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	15253   Click image for larger version

Name:	bathroop ceiling rip2.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	15254