TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-23-2008, 04:02 PM   #1
Shandysplace

Default West Coast Members ??? - Part II

We have taken it upon ourselves to try and organize a TM rally at our local KOA in Petaluma, CA. After exchanging thoughts and ideas with posters on Part I of this thread as well as Trailblazer Chapter Directors around the country, and finally with the Event Director at our local KOA, we post the following:

Dates available: Weekend of Friday, 10/3, 10/17, 11/7, 11/14/08.
Rates for 8 or more units, $38/night + 12% tax
Rec. Hall and event tent comped - Rec hall includes full kitchen.
Check http://www.koa.com/where/ca/05330/ and http://www.petalumakoakampground.com/index.htm

Sites can be reserved w/o deposit up to 1 month prior then must be released.

Suggestions and comments welcome. Sharon and I have no problem with any of these weekends nor a problem with extending the rally a day on either end.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:56 PM   #2
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

October sounds good to me. DS may have to take another SAT test in early November (there's no dates posted on the collegeboard site yet but I think it will either be 11/1 or 11/7), plus it seems like the rainy season always starts by Halloween around here.

Compared to the KOA here in La Selva, $38 is a bargain. Their sites here are over $80 for 4 people, and no cable TV.

Thanks for trying to get us all together!

Dee
Old 02-24-2008, 03:45 PM   #3
Shandysplace

Default Making It All Come Together

Thanks for your encouragement; and I thought everyone would balk at $38--that's for 8 units or more--for less it's $52 + $250/night for the rec hall, kitchen and event tent. I think we have a good shot at getting 8. We've joined Trailblazers and look forward to getting the California directory to expand the word. If you know any TMers not on the forum, please pass the word.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:59 PM   #4
BrigCA61

Andy, $38.00 is very reasonable, especially for that location. You did good getting a group discounted price. I believe someone asked earlier if that was with the KOA Kamping Kard discount.

We will try and join you provided something doesn't come up between now and then. What is their cancellation policy?