TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2004, 09:46 AM   #1
Factor

Default Florida Room

We are thinking of purchasing a Florida Room or equilivant. We have a Fiamma awning 13.2" and the same company sells a Fiamma Florida Room. It seems like a good addition to our TM. Has anyone purchased one and how do they like it. Good points, bad point, etc.
John

2003 Montana AWD
2004 3023 TM
Old 12-24-2004, 10:10 AM   #2
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Default Do a search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factor
We are thinking of purchasing a Florida Room or equilivant. We have a Fiamma awning 13.2" and the same company sells a Fiamma Florida Room. It seems like a good addition to our TM. Has anyone purchased one and how do they like it. Good points, bad point, etc.
John

2003 Montana AWD
2004 3023 TM
Do a search on "Florida Room" or "Fiamma". As I recall the topic has come up at least once, possibly several times in the past. Not at all sure if the folks who had one are still active on the board. My recollection is the consensus was it worked but was very pricey.

I use my TM as a base camp for hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, and climbing Colorado's 14ers

The Trailer: 2002 TM Model 2720SL ( Mods: Solar Panels (170 Watts), Dual T-105 Batteries, Electric Tongue Jack, Side AC, Programmable Thermostat, Doran TP Monitor System)

The Tow Vehicle: 2003 Toyota Tundra V8 SR5 4X4 w/Tow Package (Towing & Performance Mods: JBA Headers, Gibson Muffler, 4.30 gears, Michelin LTX M/S Tires, Prodigy Brake Controller, Transmission Temperature Gauge)

RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 07:35 PM   #3
Bruce

Fiamma has their factory here in Orlando. I had to go there once to purchase a new sliding aluminum strut to replace the one damaged in a surprise thunderstorm.
I looked at the screen room and it is pricy - about $500 as I remember. I can't really comment on the Fiamma screen room but we did purchase a screen room when we got our Coleman popup trailer years ago and I think we used it once. It was difficult and time consuming to set up and you had to unzipper the mesh to enter and exit.
Not worth it in my opinion unless the mosquitoes are REALLY bad.

Bruce
Old 01-25-2005, 07:59 PM   #4
wesslvm
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factor
John

2003 Montana AWD
2004 3023 TM
We have the Fiamma florida room purchased at the same time we purchased our 2720SL. The additional "enclosed" space makes a big difference. It was very pricey and I suspect that with some research I could have done better on the price other than through the dealer.

It took me several installs and disassemblies to get the knack of it. The first time I did it I got very frustrated. If you buy one, would be a good idea for someone who knows what they are doing to show you the simplest way to erect it. The biggest tip I would offer is to make sure you connect the room up to the awning with it fully lowered and then raise the awning.

In my opinion, if you are not going to be at a campsite for very long, you won't want to setup the room. Anything less than two days and I usually won't use it or evern bring it along (to save stowage space/weight).

Good luck. If you need pictures I can post some for you.

Vince
Old 05-13-2005, 04:24 PM   #5
Factor

Default Florida Room

We received our Florida Room from Fiamma today - your right it was pricy, not so much the cost of the room. but, add duty, broker fees, GST and PST which in itself was $245.00 Canadian.

Now comes the challenge, figuring out how it attaches to the TM. This room is not for overnight, but, will be handy when we camp for a week next month - oh, by the way we got 1" of snow last night. Very unusual in May.

John, Atikokan, Ontario
2003 Montana AWD (which now has a transmission cooler)
2004 TM 3023