TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-08-2003, 06:39 PM   #1
Russ-Bett

Default Saw another TM

My wife and I where on our way to Camping World in Tampa when to our suprise we saw a TM 2619 pulling in the Lazy Days Rv Center. Besides our TM, this is there only other one we have seen on the road. We stopped and talked with the folks who owned it. It is a 2001 2619 which they were going to trade in on a Prowler with a slide-out. Seems the wife saw one and wanted the extra room.

The husband commented on how nice the TM was to pull.

If anyone is looking for a used TM 2619, this one may be on sale at Lazy Days.

We have our 2619 ready to go -- we have been out in it twice since we bought 3 months ago. Our next trip will be a 5 or 6 day tour of Floria. In September we plan to travel north to New England -- plan to be at a wedding in NY state in Oct.

Russ and Betty

Old 08-12-2003, 02:47 PM   #2
ColoradoCop

Default Re:Saw another TM

Dear R&B,

Where abouts in NY?

ColoradoCop 8)
Old 08-12-2003, 04:55 PM   #3
2619PDX

My family and I were leaving Anaheim RV Park near Disneyland last Wednesday, the 6th and much to our surprise and pleasure, we met the Commons family from Colorado in their brand new 3023...

That's the first encounter we've had with another TrailManor.

I guess they are out there.
Old 08-17-2003, 08:02 AM   #4
grayghost

we just picked up our 2720sl from cross county rv
in mattoon, illinois, yesterday. on the way back home we spotted a tm going north on I-57 near exit 107, at
3:07 cdt. anyone on this group match that description?

didn't take us long to spot another tm ;D
Old 08-19-2003, 03:26 PM   #5
Russ-Bett

ColoradoCop

We plan on being in Western NY, near Rochester about the middle of October to attend a wedding in the family.

Old 08-20-2003, 06:24 PM   #6

Hey RussBett,

We live about 15 miles east of Rochester. Do you need any suggestions for campgrounds in the area for your upcoming trip? There are some beauties nearby.
Old 08-20-2003, 06:30 PM   #7
efelker

Uda/Russ:

Letchworth was (and is) one of our all time favorites.
Old 08-21-2003, 07:06 PM   #8
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Haven't been to Letchworth since the late '60s when I was stationed at Niagra Falls AFB.
MJL
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 08:20 PM   #9
Russ-Bett

udasmookie

We are going to be near Canandaigua -- I think about 30 to 4o miles south of Rochester. We would be happy to hear about any RV parks in the general area.
Old 08-22-2003, 06:40 AM   #10

Letchworth is a great State park, it's nickname is the "Grand Canyon of the East", it is well kept with specified pet loops so those who have no pet are not forced to deal with a barking dog next door. The trail system throughout the gorge is Letchworths main claim to fame, it's great for hiking or biking. There's also an olympic sized swimming pool but it costs extra and is too far to walk to from the camp grounds.

Russ-Bett,
We are halfway between Rochester and Canandaigua, just off I90 exit 45. Here are what I consider the best RV parks in the immediate area.

Canandaigua KOA- http://www.koa.com/where/ny/32140.htm
A standard KOA about 3 miles north of the city of Canandaigua, in a nice countryside setting. Last year we stayed it was about $32 per night w/ electric. Only negative I can think of is that it is so open that wind gusts can be high.

Bristol Woodlands- http://www.gocampingamerica.com/bristol/index.html
A small campground open 2-3 years ago in a rural area approx. 5 miles Northwest of the city. Stayed there the first year they were open. Rates were in the $15-20 per night range w/ electric. I was impressed with the potential at the time and have talked to others who have visited more recently and have commented on how nicely kept and quiet the campgrounds are.

Those are the closest to Canandaigua. Hope this helps. Let me know if I can answer any other questions.