TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Trailmanor Elkmont Models
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2010, 06:44 PM   #11
brulaz

Thanks everybody. This forum is a great place to learn about our new TrailManor Elkmont. In fact one of the reasons we purchased the Elkmont over other lightweights was because this forum existed.

I think we will go with a 750-800# WDH after all. What Jerry said about GAWR makes a lot of sense to me, and adds another 160# safety factor. The WDH's are vertically adjustable by the few inches I need (my receiver is at 21", the Elkmont is probably 19") and the arms can be removed for towing my other, smaller trailers.

I'm also want to find a scale to weigh everything I possibly can on the loaded trailer and truck.

I'll report back when we actually get the trailer. Right now, there's just too much snow (and salt) around where we live in Ontario to bring it up from Texas.

EDIT
Factory just told me that for the last few years all new Trailmanors have been raised to support the 15" wheels. That means a 20-21" hitch height.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:23 PM   #12
PopBeavers

Be careful of overall height when backing into a 7 foot garage at home.

I believe that TM switched to a lower profile Carrier a/c. hi allowed the 15 inch wheels.

I also believe that the Carrier is no longer available, so back to the taller a/c, which would require a door taller than 7 feet to back the TM in.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:39 PM   #13
brulaz

With a height of 9'9", a garage would be a problem. But there's no Garage. It will be stored up north at the lake when it's snow-free, and at an RV storage place in S.C. or Florida in the winter.

But we hope that a lot of the time it will be in use.

The height at gas stations should be ok, I hope. We'll see.