TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Trailmanor Elkmont Models
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2010, 10:14 AM   #1
dmullen

Default 2011 Model 24 Questions

After a LOT of research my wife and I have decided on the Model 24 for our first TT and are about to order one this week to be built. This forum has been really great for information and I've already started bothering some members with PM's! I'm both excited and a little intimidated since I have never done this before and the more I read the more I realize how much there is to learn but I'm sure we will get settled in after a few trips. I first have some general questions about the Model 24 in particular. Is the L-shaped dinette bed in the 24 fairly comfortable and large enough for an adult? I read somewhere that is was basically for a child. Also, is the water tank 30 gallons instead of the 20 posted in the specs?

We were recently hiking in the Smoky Mountains, our favorite place, and decided to drive thru one of the campgrounds on our way out and that's where we got hooked looking at all the TT's and realized how much more fun that would be. We've already been busy planning a bunch of trips. By the way, the campground was called Elkmont...how cool is that!

*Just remembered a couple of other things before I order: Is the "Plumb w/quick Connect for Exterior Grill" and the "Satellite Dish/TV Antennae Connection" options that I should get from the factory when I order or are they both simple mods I could add later? I do plan to take my DISH receiver from home with us from time to time.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:42 PM   #2
brulaz

Our adult daughter slept in the L-shaped bed for about 10 days and had no problems. It's about 6'4" long and 40" wide. She did mention that you could feel the transition from the pull-out part (internal spring) to the foam parts.

Our water tank is 30g. I measured it.

Don't have the other accessories so can't comment.

The Elkmont must be named after that campground. It's just a short drive from the factory. We spent a night there 2 days ago. (But currently in Anastasia S.P. Florida ... much warmer)
Old 11-15-2010, 10:34 PM   #3
Bigbit

The couch / bed is big enough for my 5'10", 270 lb. son. I doubt that it would fit more than one person though.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:42 AM   #4
Shandysplace

Default Best of Luck w/Your New Elkmont 24

If you've been reading the forum, you know that there have been some serious issues with the early Elkmonts which it appears the factory is doing it's best to rectify.

Naturally, it was with some obvious concern when we ordered our new Elkmont 26 from Custom RV in Anaheim in early October. We took delivery at the end of October and spent 3 nights at a local campground while we got comfortable w/it and Custom RV dealt with the few issues we found.

On returning home to Northern California (500 miles), and based on posts on the forum re Elkmont issues, we found a local RV parts and service center and had them check the structural integrity of the trailer and the roof for leaks. After carefully examining the frame/suspension, and the roof (they found and fixed a small leak), they said it was one of the best built trailers they'd ever worked on paying particular attention to fit/finish overall and the quality of roof caulk work in particular. When they had questions, since they'd had no experience w/TrailManor trailers, Ed Lytle at the factory promptly returned their calls.

So it appears, at least based on our trailer, that the factory has successfully dealt with some serious Elkmont issues. Only time will tell, however, how well the Elkmont stands up over time. At this early stage in the game, we're hopeful.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:04 PM   #5
cali camping

Congratulations on the new toy! I'm currently on a company trip near Portland, Oregon and found a local TM dealer and got an up close look at the 24' & 26' models...something we obviously can't do in northern California. I'm hooked and so is Kat as I had her tag along via FaceTime on my iPhone. Now the question is-24' or 26'?

We're anxious to see how you like the new model...

2007 2720SD, Dual 80 watt solar panels, flat screen LCD TV mounted on side wall, 210 Ah AGM Battery, Link 10, Dual Honda 2000EUi's
Cadillac Escalade EXT, Prodigy
cali camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:08 AM   #6
cochise

[QUOTE=brulaz;77533]

Our water tank is 30g. I measured it.

Did you have TM install a bigger water tank? Because the one we have in our Elkmont is only 20 Gl. True that when you fill the hot water tank it takes another 6 Gl, and there is probably some water in the lines. But 20 gallons is all we had.
cochise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:58 AM   #7
brulaz

No, it's the tank that came with it. Unless I made a mistake in my volume calculations, it's 30gal. I'll double-check later today and edit this post.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:47 PM   #8
brulaz

Yes, it's 30gal.

Outside measurements are: 11" high, 32.5" long and 20" wide
= 7150 cu in
= 31 US gal
So ~30 US gal inside.