TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-06-2008, 06:14 AM   #31
mtnguy

Bill, I already tightened those screws down. They all were loose, but 1 had backed way out. As far as I can tell the water is not coming in that gasket. The leak is above that area.......where the ductwork covers the cooling coils. The ductwork insulations gets wet there, so I am thinkn' that is coming in around the bottom of that top structure.

Lars, I did the water hose thing. I watered down just the drip pan, and that is why I believe it is coming in where the upper ductwork joins the drip pan. Since you have the same TM as mine, it is apparently not happening across the board.

I emailed the manufacturer yesterday, but they have not responded yet.

Unless others have ideas, I am going to see how hard it is to remove that ductwork, and put a new gasket on the bottom. I had thought about removing the whole AC and working with it on the ground, but that puppy is around 100 lbs.!! And besides, there would be a big hole in the top of TM, and I wouldn't be able to raise or lower the shells once that happened, unless I did major adjustments on the torsion bars.

I am open to any other suggestions.

Chap
Old 03-06-2008, 06:45 AM   #32
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlaupp View Post
Coleman supplied an A/C gasket made from open cell foam during the 2002-2003 time frame. It should have been made from closed cell foam. Coleman had a factory notice out for the fix i.e. free gasket, you pay the install. I don't know if this offer is still valid.

My A/C gasket was replaced by the TM dealer under the 1 year warranty service.
Mike

Mike, which gasket did they replace.....the 1 between the gasket and the roof, or the 1 between the upper ductwork and the drip pan. The later looks to be the open cell foam that mentioned, but the roof gaskets looks like closed cell, and doesn't leak, as far as I can tell. I went to the RVProducts web site (the manufacturer of Coleman ACs), and I couldn't find any recall information.

Thanks, Chap
Old 03-06-2008, 07:43 AM   #33
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

There was no recall just a service bulletin. It was the gasket between the roof and the A/C.

It sounds like you might have a failed calk seal inside the A/C. You will have to pull the shroud and check.

Mike

2013 Jayco Eagle Premier 351RLTS 5er - Honda 2000i x2 w ext. run tank

2017 F350 King Ranch ultimate CCLB SRW 6.7L V8 TD Fx4 BakFlip F1 & BakBox

TM History: '97 2720, '02 2720SL, '03 2720SL, '04 3326K. 2001 - 2012 yrs owned.

1990 Isuzu Trooper II 283 V6
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:12 AM   #34
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
Bill, I already tightened those screws down. They all were loose, but 1 had backed way out....

Chap
Chap,

Do you have any photos or procedures needed to tighten these bolts? Mine were loose and the deslership tightened them under warranty, and I once again have a drip-drip-drip issues when the AC is in operation so I need to tightenthem again......is this procedure done from inside the trailer or on the roof?

Thanks.
2016 KZ Spree Connect C250BHS
2003 Chevy Tahoe
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:12 AM   #35
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civil_War_Buff View Post
Chap,

Do you have any photos or procedures needed to tighten these bolts? Mine were loose and the deslership tightened them under warranty, and I once again have a drip-drip-drip issues when the AC is in operation so I need to tightenthem again......is this procedure done from inside the trailer or on the roof?

Thanks.
Larry & Veronica,

Tightening the main mounting bolts is done from the inside. In mine, I removed the filter screen, then there are 3 screws in the exhaust duct, 4 corner screws (with springs on them), and also 2 screws holding some clamps in place....up in the grated area. Once I have that loose, I pull the outer trip ring off, and just let the rest of it hang. There are 4 bolts that tighten the AC. But I have read (somewhere), that you don't want to put a lot of torque on these, as they can deform the gasket and/or compress the roof. I just snugged mine up, without cranking real hard on them.

Your TM might fall in the time period where they were using the open cell foam, as Mike noted. The gasket on mine looks pretty good, but I am not sure if mine is the closed or open cell foam. But I don't think mine is leaking there anyway.....it is higher up than that.

Hope you have better luck with yours than I am having with mine.

Chap