TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2010, 09:29 PM   #1
connbk

Default 1997 2619 TM Questions

Dear All,
I am looking at a 1997 2619 in the Denver area. I noticed that the beds are fabricated from plywood -- I looked in the groove that the supports slide in.

I understand that in the 1990s TM changed the fabrication of the structure from a plywood core to a polystyrene core. Does finding plywood on the bed mean that the walls are likely fabricated from plywood as well?

The wheels are 13" -- can anyone tell me if the wheels can be changed to 14" or will the wheel well boxes need to be modified or changed. Speaking of which, the wheel well boxes appeared to be in good shape but square. Can anyone tell me when the wheel well boxes were changed? I recall that the boxes were changed to an arch shape.

Last can anyone tell me what is involved with adding a lift kit to a TM?

Thanks,

Brian Conn
Broomfield Colorado
Old 11-06-2010, 09:56 PM   #2
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by connbk View Post
Dear All,
I am looking at a 1997 2619 in the Denver area. I noticed that the beds are fabricated from plywood -- I looked in the groove that the supports slide in.

I understand that in the 1990s TM changed the fabrication of the structure from a plywood core to a polystyrene core. Does finding plywood on the bed mean that the walls are likely fabricated from plywood as well?

The wheels are 13" -- can anyone tell me if the wheels can be changed to 14" or will the wheel well boxes need to be modified or changed. Speaking of which, the wheel well boxes appeared to be in good shape but square. Can anyone tell me when the wheel well boxes were changed? I recall that the boxes were changed to an arch shape.

Last can anyone tell me what is involved with adding a lift kit to a TM?

Thanks,

Brian Conn
Broomfield Colorado
I had a '98 and the bed platforms were foam cored.

The beds being Ply doesn't necessarily mean that the walls are too.

The round wheel wells came in 2002 or 2003 (I think). My '04 has them. A lot of members have upgraded their earlier TMs with rounded, reinforced wheel wells.

Check-out this link about installing a lift kit:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...t+installation

I have a good set of used 14" tires & wheels (still have the nubbies on the tires)........to bad you don't live closer.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:23 AM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

The conversion from square to round wheel wells is quite important, and you can do it with a reasonable amount of effort. See here

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=5439

FWIW, my 2002 had round wheel wells, so I think the conversion happened a bit earlier - but not much.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:17 PM   #4
connbk

Hi Wayne and Bill,

Thanks for the info.

Brian
Old 08-07-2011, 10:35 AM   #5
radwhopper

Default Lift Kit

Can someone send me the info for the lift kit. I guess since I'm only a free member I can't access it here.
radwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:48 PM   #6
Barb&Tim
TrailManor Master

radwhopper,

The information you are trying to get is in the area of the board for members only. I would suggest that you could become a member for $12.00 a year which i consider a bargain for the information and advice that is available here.

If you do not wish to become a member you can always call the trailmanor factory and they may be able to assist you with your project.

Tim
Old 08-07-2011, 07:44 PM   #7
Bill
Site Team

Radwhopper -

As mentioned several times earlier, this is not a free board. Members pay the board's expenses through the very small Sponsor fee. By doing so, we avoid the need for intrusive advertising. When you attempt to circumvent this agreement, you are asking other members to pay your share of the expenses.

You are welcome to become a Sponsor, and most folks feel that the very nominal fee is worthwhile for access to the level of knowledge here. If you decide that you agree, go to TrailmanorOwners.com and click on the link for Sponsorship, or email [email protected]. If you disagree, then there are other sources of information.

Bill
Old 08-08-2011, 07:45 AM   #8
ng2951

Bill may being saying it somewhat abruptly, but he is trying to keep a very valuable service running.

If you own a TM, this forum is well worth the $12/yr it costs to join. Probably every manual for every appliance in a TM is in the members' section. The how-to's on modifications of TMs are there too.

You also find that some people who do not own TMs also have memberships. Almost all were previous TM owners who, after meeting Darth Vader and the Emporer, were brought over to the The Dark Side. Others just met a little woman in Florida who changed their 3326 to a 2619.

You will some of the best advice for RVing on in this forum. I cannot explain why this is so, it just is...
Old 08-09-2011, 07:29 AM   #9
Bill
Site Team

Yes, it was abrupt, and I try not to do it that way. But this poster had been told several times, both publicly and privately, by me and by other members, how the board works. His response was to try to circumvent the board by asking if someone would copy the board content and mail it to him so he could avoid the Sponsor fee.

If someone doesn't understand how the board works - and a lot new members and visitors start out that way - the membership has always been quick to help, and so have I. But he chose to ignore that, and I was unwilling to tolerate his actions, so I have cancelled his access to the board for a few days. During this time, he can decide whether or not the information is important to him.

Bill