TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2006, 09:27 PM   #1
George H.

Default Storing Dump Station Sewer Hose/Tube

Hello All:

Well, I spent my first weekend at a campground that did not have sewer connections at the site (First Landing State Park in VA Beach) and I quickly had a dilemma. If you have to go to the dump station at the end of your stay, how do you store your sewer drain hose/tube after dumping? I normally keep it in the bumper, but that is blocked by the folded trailer. I'm sure there is a simple answer out there, but I just could not figure it out. Thanks for any reply.

George H.
2720 (newbie this year)
TV: Ridgeline
Old 05-24-2006, 10:19 PM   #2
PopBeavers

I have a 2005 TM 2720. I can get to my sewer hose with the TM closed. Getting the rear bumper cover off is not too difficult. Getting it back on is a little awkward at times.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:08 AM   #3
Bill & Lisa

George,
Your info doesn't say what model year you have but pops is correct - If it is a 2004 or newer you should be able to open the bumper lid with the TM closed. IF there is still alot of pressure on the lid making it hard to slip out you can try and just pop the two rear corner holddown clamps and see if that doesn't give you the added clearance you need.

So how did you enjoy First Landing State Park? I think that is one of our favorite campgrounds. It definately is NOT a run of the mill RV parking lot as my wife refers to many of the "mega" campgrounds.

Bill
Old 05-25-2006, 07:34 AM   #4
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Here is how I did it, it works very well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hose1.jpg
Views:	579
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	1151   Click image for larger version

Name:	hose2.jpg
Views:	724
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	1152  
2016 KZ Spree Connect C250BHS
2003 Chevy Tahoe
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 07:56 AM   #5
ripp1202
TrailManor Master

Look at this post http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=2486
Old 05-25-2006, 01:22 PM   #6
CAmark
Site Sponsor

I recall seeing on this forum that somebody had reworked the rear bumper cover with a long piano hinge so it would open without removing the entire cover. mark
or 04 Pilot w/ Tow Package
Prodigy Brake Controller; Husky 800/1200 WDH; McKesh Mirrors
2006 2720SL; A/C; awning; swing hitch; 14" NEXEN Load Range D tires
CAmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 01:44 PM   #7
MidwestDave

Default Hose storage

I don't know what model ya all have ? I have a 2006-2720 and have no trouble openning the lid with the top down. If sanitation is a problem, wrinse hose at dump station and put in plastic garbage bag then in available space for storage. I used my blue 15 gal.tote at the camp ground yesterday , hitched to my trailer hitch on van and slowly pulled to dump station.
Sure beats closing up trailer and dumping and seting up again!
We are ready to do a 6 nighter this weekend, will probably use tote twice!
Now I need to find how I am going to store tote while traveling!
Good Luck all. Have a great weekend!

Midwest Dave
Old 05-25-2006, 08:24 PM   #8
George H.

Thumbs up

Thank you all for your replies to my sewer hose problems. Yes, I do have the new model, 2006, but I did not know I could get the bumper cover off with the unit closed down. I was afraid of cracking the cover. I love the PVC tube idea fixed underneath the unit, and the separate tub is a good idea also. I think I'll start with the separate tub (maybe the size of a bread container) and practice good hygiene as suggested by the Texas Camper. Then I'll work on that permanent fixture in my spare time (not sure when that will be).

1st Landing was a nice state park in VA Beach (Virginia's most popular State Park). It was packed solid but we were located in an area where it was not noticeable. Each site is private. It was very hard to even see your neighbor's site because of the tree and bush buffer between each site. We will go back! It was also neat watching the sun set over the water. You won't see that often on the East Coast!

Again, thanks to everyone who made suggestions. I feel more comfortable now. Taking it out again this weekend in PA. Happy Memorial Day weekend to all.

George H.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:13 PM   #9
rwbehan

Greetings, and thanks to George for raising this question. We've just acquired a 2004 2720SL--and wondered how to get at the drain hose with the trailer collapsed. So thanks for all the tips: one will work for us.

Dick and Ann Behan
2004 2720SL
2000 Toyota Tacoma 4wd TV
Old 05-28-2006, 02:22 PM   #10
Bill & Lisa

From a sanitation point of view, always rinse your hose with the water at the dump site--some bayonet mounts allow for you to attach the site hose directly to the sewer line and rinse. Of course, if you were to splash a little non-formaledhyde chemical in the hose before the final rinse you would also sanitize the line at the final rinse.

Then you could pop your clean and sanitized sewer line onto a 3 ft PVC frame shaped like a capital letter "I" and scrunch it down to size for storage in the bumper. No need for hanging something off the underside of the TM and possibly worring about ground clearance, whether it's still there, checking yet more bolts. . . but hey, have fun tweaking your unit!