TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-04-2005, 08:15 PM   #1
hingarfi

Default 3023 Windows wil not latch

I just noticed that 2 of my 2004 3023 windows will not latch closed. The plastic catch seems to miss by 3/16". Has anyone experienced this? Is there some way to adjust these? Couple of the other windows just barely latch and seem too tight. Any comments will be appreciated.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:17 AM   #2
John in CT

Default Window Latches

I have a 2005 3023 which have the same problem. I sloved it by lifting the window as I close it. The latches did lock but were very tight which is probibly a good thing.

John in CT
Old 09-05-2005, 08:22 AM   #3
Freedom

Make sure the plastic track is seated all the way into the frame before closing the window. If it's not, push it in before closing the window as it is too tight to push in when the window is in the track. If that doesn't work, there might be dirt or something in the track, or it may be deformed from heat. (I had closed the window on a yellow jacket once and it wouldn't latch!) In that case (deformed) you'd have to replace the plastic track.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:18 PM   #4
BobRederick

I had a window that wouldn't close in the bedroom. It was pretty hard to get to. Finally, I gave it a semi-gentle slam and it has closed well every since! You might give that a try.

I have advocated dry teflon spray for hinges and joints in the TM. I suggest you get a can of it at Lowes. Be sure it is dry. I just bought a can at ACE HW and it has an oil carrier. You want to not leave something to get gummy and sticky with time. This stuff is great on the leveling jacks. Squirt it in all the hinges, bearings, and on the jack screw. The advantage of the dry teflon is that it doesn't collect dust and grit from the road.

Another trick I use is to carry a white candle. I rub candle wax on all zippers (an old Coleman pop-70 guy, I am) and window slides. It is a miracle on zippers and makes them last years longer as well as open easily.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:35 PM   #5
hingarfi

Folks:
Thanks for the window tips. I will give them a try tomorrow. We are leaving tomorrow on our first trip to Colorado thence NW until the weather turns us back south.