TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2010, 07:03 PM   #1
expeditions

Default Is this a fair deal, and what am I in for?

I've been obsessed with getting a TM 2720SL (or 3124KS) for about a year. Problem has always been price. Even used, these things are generally over $15,000. I've recently stumbled upon a used 2002 TM - model 2720SL. It's just under $10,000 and the owner says it's in good condition, except:

(1) "Center roof seam needs to be caulked. TM needs this every 2 or 3 years. It drips in a VERY heavy downpour."

and (2) "Fridge doesn’t light on propane. It needs an igniter ($30 part). Runs fine on electric which is how we always use it."

Is $10K for a 2002 2720SL a fair price? With the necessary repairs?

How much am I looking at to caulk the roof? And if it's known to drip in a heavy downpour, does that mean there's already possible damage to the frame? Is 2002 before or after they stopped using wood in the frames and switched to aluminum?

How easy is it to do the fridge conversion? I remember reading on here about it, but now I can't find the thread. Anyone have a link?

Anything else I should be worried about?

Thanks,
Rachel
Old 03-21-2010, 08:16 PM   #2
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by expeditions View Post
I've been obsessed with getting a TM 2720SL (or 3124KS) for about a year. Problem has always been price. Even used, these things are generally over $15,000. I've recently stumbled upon a used 2002 TM - model 2720SL. It's just under $10,000 and the owner says it's in good condition, except:

(1) "Center roof seam needs to be caulked. TM needs this every 2 or 3 years. It drips in a VERY heavy downpour."

and (2) "Fridge doesn’t light on propane. It needs an igniter ($30 part). Runs fine on electric which is how we always use it."

Is $10K for a 2002 2720SL a fair price? With the necessary repairs?

How much am I looking at to caulk the roof? And if it's known to drip in a heavy downpour, does that mean there's already possible damage to the frame? Is 2002 before or after they stopped using wood in the frames and switched to aluminum?

How easy is it to do the fridge conversion? I remember reading on here about it, but now I can't find the thread. Anyone have a link?

Anything else I should be worried about?

Thanks,
Rachel
Check to see if the fridge will light with a lighter. That fridge is over $1200. Sooner or later you will want it to run on propane. Plus, someday, you will want to sell this camper and the buyer will want it to work......"pay me now or pay me later"......
Old 03-21-2010, 08:37 PM   #3
rumbleweed

Search leaks on this forum for moore details. I had a roof seam leaks in my brand new 2720SL. I removed almost all the old caulk and replaced it. It is not hard and not expensive. Having to replace or repair caulk on a TM is something most everyone will eventually have to do. The previous post answered your fridge question. You didn't mention tires. Check the manufacture date on the tires.

Tags
2720sl