TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2011, 03:36 AM   #1
Riwright
TrailManor Master

Default A few newbie questions

We recently purchased a used 2003 3124KS. I am getting it ready to go out for our first trip next weekend.

We plan to camp full hookups at first but we would like to make a fairly rapid transition to dry camping.

I've been reading the forums quite a bit and found them to be a great resource. $12 a year is a good deal considering what I am getting out of it.

I do have a few questions for the more experienced.

When do you need to sanitize the fresh water tank? Is this needed when you have a water hookup or just for dry camping? If you have a water hookup is the fresh water tank involved or is it bypassed? If you plan to drink bottled water and use the fresh water tank for showers, hand washing and dish washing is it less of a concern?

I notice that the water heater has an electric element that can be used in addition to the propane for faster recovery. If you turn this on, does it draw current from 110 volt or does it use 12 volt? Seems like it would be a real battery killer if it uses 12 volts, but a nice help if it uses 100 only.

There are some instructions printed in the bedroom that say how to get out in case of fire. They don't make any sense to me. Can you get out of a 3124KS from the bedroom?

When I turn the valve on the propane tank it gives off a little hiss at a certain position in the rotation. Should I have the valve replaced? Lube it? Ignore it? It doesn't seem to be leaking once I get it turned on.

Should I replace the smoke detector and propane detector? Any models that will fit the existing holes?
Riwright is offline   Reply With Quote