TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-29-2004, 07:35 AM   #1
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Default AC leak question

Hey everyone,

This past weend, I had a couple of occasions to actually use my air conditioner (we had a small heat wave pass through California), and when I turned it off, it started dripping water from the seam where the filter panel attaches toward the front of the trailer. This happened once before when it was new and the dealer fixed it, but this time I am on my own.
Before I climb up on the roof and start tearing things off, has anyone else had this? Does anyone know where it might be coming form (other than the obvious :P )?
I am assuming that vibration may have loosened the hold down bolts thus breaking the seal between the unit and the roof allowing condensation water to take the path of least resistance and into the trailer.

Anybody?

Thanks,

Larry
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 12:19 PM   #2
Cateye
Cateye

Default Re:AC leak question

Yes, we got rained on also. It could either be the seal inside the unit or the seal on the roof or both. It was both, in our case. From a letter to the factory: ".... We immediately invited our neighbors over to show off our new and prized trailer. After we gathered inside for a tour, it began to “rain” on our guests from the air conditioner! Obviously embarrassed, we evacuated the trailer and began to investigate the problem..."
Cateye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 06:59 AM   #3
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

[quote author=Cateye link=board=2;threadid=1889;start=msg13370#msg13370 date=1083262794]
Yes, we got rained on also. It could either be the seal inside the unit or the seal on the roof or both. It was both, in our case.
[/quote]

So were they able to tighten everything up? Or did new seals have to be put in? I had a small drip like this when I first got the TM, and they said "it was loose", but didn't say where. I have an RV Repair & Maintenance Manual by Livingston, but it doesn't talk about condensation dripping from the A/C.
I guess I will have to get up on the roof and start taking things apart.

Larry
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 02:25 PM   #4
CC_Turtle

where is the water from the A/C drip? This is our first camping trailer and our also drips from the roof? guess i thought this was normal :-[

thanks,
teresa
Old 04-30-2004, 02:40 PM   #5
aldebnj

Teresa,

I think the others are complaining about the water leaking to the inside of the trailer. Off the roof and down to the ground is normal.

Al
Old 04-30-2004, 06:27 PM   #6
jniles

You guys might do a search for seal or related things. I seem to remember quite a bit of discussion of Coleman (I thinK) A/C seal problems and there may be some help on some bad seals.

PS: Just checked and found a Message by dlajoie on April 4 this year indicating some seals were the wrong ones and the factory would cover them.