TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2017, 01:49 PM   #1
Mainemoosepies

Default Seeking advice on a used Trailmano

Greetings!

My name is Michelle and I like many others have been yearning for the convenience of a Trailmanor. I have found one local to me in good shape. Hooray! Its a 2008 2720SL with the couch on one end. They are asking 9k but the bank will only finance $8500 which is a bit concerning. Don't want to be underwater before I even get started. The owners wont budge on the price they feel with the options it has its worth their asking price. Would anyone be able to provide guidance as to what should accompany this camper? We have already been notified that the jack crank is missing.

We've checked it out and there doesn't appear to be any internal leaks. Never smoked in. Oven never used. However, what else should I be looking for? Trying to prevent my wants to exceed reality because I am not too handy with repairs. Lol

Options I know it has
Swing tongue
Power Jack
Radio
Antenna
Awning

Any feedback is welcomed!

Oh and thanks for your time

Michelle
Mainemoosepies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 02:50 PM   #2
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Anything is worth what someone is willing to pay. At least for the last while production of new units has been almost nonexistent so to some a late model that has been thoroughly wrung out has a greater value.

There is also quite a variation with location so depends on where you are.

BTW I did not see any mention of tire or battery age, if originals they are getting pretty old.

OTOH if you need to finance the whole amount then maybe you should look at your priorities first.

Frankly $8-9k seems to be the asking price for a 2004-2008 2720SL, some with a lot more options, but they do not seem to be selling or even getting offers.

BTW there is an extensive checklist elsewhere on the site for checkout of everything we could think of (e.g. all appliances and the awning)
Old 09-06-2017, 02:54 PM   #3
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

I'd suggest the asking price is reasonable. It may be the seller has a bank note equal to the asking price. You mention missing jack crank? But then you say it has a power jack? Not sure what item you're referring to. Is it one of the corner stabilizer jacks? There are four, one on each corner.

As long as the seller can demonstrate all of the components like the fridge on all modes of AC, DC and propane , Air conditioner, water heater on all modes of electric and propane, awning, stove, oven, shower system, toilet system, furnace, lifting mechanism, brakes. You got a decent camper if all test out good.

If seller can't do that, let us know...

Rv

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 03:05 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett View Post
BTW there is an extensive checklist elsewhere on the site for checkout of everything we could think of (e.g. all appliances and the awning)
It is in the TrailManor Technical Library
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=17998

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 03:31 PM   #5
Mainemoosepies

Wow thanks for 5he quick replies! I am responding on my mobile so I do apologize for any bizzaro typos

The missing crank handle is indeed for the stabilizer jacks though I have read you can use a drill. My girl was coming out at least I didn't call it a thingy-ma -Bob that goes up and down *teehee*

It was hooked up to power so he did demo the ac but didn't demo the furnace, stove, water heater, the fridge, toilet etc. Camper hasn't been used in a year and is still in winterize mode. Tires are the original ones and the battery is a couple years old. Awning was functioning as expected. Trying to find an old manual to get an idea of what hookups should come with it.

I will stroll through the forums to locate this checklist. I totally hear you regarding priorities. Sometimes adulting is hard!

Thanks again for the reply!!
Old 09-10-2017, 12:32 PM   #6
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Default Financing....

Have you checked multiple lenders? Including your local credit union? I am guessing that the TM books for $8500. Most places will not finance more than 100% LTV unless they have a long history with you and you have excellent credit. Oh and don't forget taxes if you state charges them.

That being said a good TM is hard to find so I would hope you could swing the extra $500 from savings. If you can't swing that I would suggest you start saving so you have extra available when you find another TM. I say this because once you buy the camper you will not be done spending money, whether for fun things to spruce it up or not so fun things like new tires and batteries.

Best of luck.

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 02:52 PM   #7
Shane826
TrailManor Master

My credit union will usually only finance up to 90% of WHOLESALE value but when we were going through the options to get a NADA value they insisted it was fiberglass so that jacked the value up.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 05:44 PM   #8
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

I would add that the seller most likely will take $500 less than asking in order to sell it. Is there anyone here that would not do that same deal....??? Especially knowing that the tires are original. Those will have to be replaced pronto. Just to get home. That's the same value right there.

Rv

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:14 AM   #9
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Maybe... I was looking to buy a 3124KB in Montana, asked the guy to come down 10% ($750) to meet me halfway to ship it. He wouldn't budge an inch. Then we were looking at a "used" 2015 3124KB (this was in late summer/fall 2015) and I asked the dealer what their bottom line, out the door price would be including taxes and a WDH. They made me a total offer that was $800 below than their advertised price. We were about to drive to Michigan to buy it when the 3326 that we ended up buying popped up in Ohio. So you never know who's got wiggle room and who doesn't.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 02:30 PM   #10
Mainemoosepies

Default Took the dive

Well my friend took a leap of faith. Its far from the excellent condition that was conveyed and there's a bit of work to do. Just from a quick inspection with it cranked down the corners on the bed side are loose. Does it just need silicone or is some sort of adhesive required? Either/ or I'm off to go frollc the proper "how-to" thread so we can get that rectified asap. Fun times ahead!