TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-12-2004, 10:47 AM   #1
jniles

Default Rear Bed Weather Seal?

We just took delivery of 3124KB and noticed a hugh air leak between the rear bed and top of the under bed storage area. The front bed has a seal similiar to the one that seals the two main halves of the TM. There is not a seal for the back, should there be?
Old 02-12-2004, 03:52 PM   #2
azroadrunner

Default Re:Rear Bed Weather Seal?

I'm not at all sure of how they are made today, but our 1997 3124KS has a plywood top to the storage area under the rear bed. There is a rubber seal attached to the lower front edge of the bed slide. This works well for us.

Jim
Old 02-12-2004, 07:23 PM   #3
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

John & Karen,

I had the same problem with our 2002 3326 King. We took delivery of it in October, and we took it home and covered it up. It wasn't until March 2002 that I noticed the same problem. I was getting it ready for our trip to Florida when I was back there and felt all of the cold air in front of the bed. We never had the problem with our 1994 3326 King. So I quickly solved that problem. If you unlatch the bed from the bathroom wall, you can lift up on the front of the bed. This is incase you have to get out because of a fire. You have to be carefull not to raise it too high because the back part will come out of the track and the support arms. I raised it about 20 inches and put a small piece of board under it to hold it up at that height. I took weather stripping which was 1/2 inch thick. I ran the strip across the entire width of the top of the storage compartment.

The problem was fixed and no more northerly winds. I would never had known of the problem except I had the heat on in the trailer and it was very windy and cold out in March.

I am sure this is the same problem that you are having. Just remember not to raise the bed very high . Just high enough to get under to put the weather stripping on. The weather stripping is the kind that you take off the back and it will stick to the wood.

This air leak problem must be something to do with the 3124 and 3326 models. They both use the same size storage under the back bed.

Hope it helps.

Bob Strong
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 09:18 PM   #4
jniles

Hey Bob and Jim thanks for the answers. I know Bob is right on and we have the same problem he had and we found it the same way. The wind was blowing about 30 mph from the rear. In fact when I released the front the wind blew it up for me. Thought it would be hard to pull the rear out into the wind but was suprised how easy it was. I plan to use the weather strip Bob suggests. I also checked with dealer later today and they told me there is no seal under the rear bed only the front. Thanks again.