TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2008, 09:31 AM   #11
Queeniereads

We had Queen on order and changed to the 3124KS for exactly that reason. We bought a 2-step stool at Lowes or Walmart, which is higher than the one they gave us, so we can get down easier.
Queen
Old 10-06-2008, 10:51 AM   #12
ng2951

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana&Papa View Post
...Is there a solution other than buying the big TM and sleeping sideways in a king?...
You can take the 1950s television approach and one sleep in the front bed and the other in the rear bed. I never did figure out how they created kids in that arrangement...did they push both ends in???
Old 10-06-2008, 09:54 PM   #13
Claude Shook

Default We are in eastern Washington

Depending on where in southeastern Washington you are located, you might not be too far from us. We live near Spokane. We have a 3023 and if you are ever in the area you would be welcome to come by and look at it.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:47 PM   #14
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Claude, what a nice invitation! And it would be so much more relaxed than visiting a dealer. When we were shopping for our TM 5 years ago, two board members from the SF bay area invited us to see their TM's in person, and that really helped us make up our minds about buying our 2720.

One of the people we visited was Larry from San Jose; they still have their TM, and the other ladies we visited (who just happened to be camping a couple of miles from our house at the time) later decided that they preferred a different kind of trailer, so we got two very honest opinions from local TM owners.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:15 AM   #15
larsdennert

Our nights in the TM:
On the outside chance that I have to get up at night (that would be about half the nights), I'm crawling over three people; one of which is usually demanding something to drink.
Sometimes I sneak off to the front full to avoid the dozen elbows and knees for whatever darkness is remaining. On occasion, DW sneaks over too. We then collapse for proper sleep. The remaining two occupants in the queen are too short to navigate the moat off the queen but sometimes do so in their sleep. The thud is loud enough for us to hear and then we all go back to the rear queen and pretend to sleep.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:50 PM   #16
CAmark
Site Sponsor

Default Sleeping "North to South" in a Queen Bed

Perhaps we have been married too long but ...in our 2720SL we sleep with our heads at the rear window and our feet toward the hallway...I get in, and back out, of bed earlier than DW. Also, at 6'2" I have to sleep a bit "diagonally" but we don't have any real climbing to do...mark
or 04 Pilot w/ Tow Package
Prodigy Brake Controller; Husky 800/1200 WDH; McKesh Mirrors
2006 2720SL; A/C; awning; swing hitch; 14" NEXEN Load Range D tires
CAmark is offline   Reply With Quote