TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > TrailManor Technical Library
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2004, 12:29 PM   #1
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default What is this forum? A TM "TECHNICAL REFERENCE LIBRARY"!

Q: This forum is called "The Trail Manor Technical Library" (previously "Information You Won't Find Anywhere Else"). How is it different from the other forums within the Board?

A: Most forums take the form of a discussion - anyone can make a comment or ask a question, and anyone else can respond. Discussion is great – it is the purpose of the Board, after all. But six months or a year later, it can be difficult to remember what was discussed, and difficult to find the information that passed back and forth. The information may have been fragmented across several threads, so that there is no single complete answer. And new members don’t even know that the discussion took place. As a result, it is common to find that the same question is asked again and again. That doesn't benefit anyone.

Unlike most areas of this Board, this particular forum is intended to be a reference library. It will contain complete tutorials (how-to-do-it manuals or user manuals) on various topics relevant to Trail Manors. Like a brick-and-mortar library, you can enter, look through the books, find information you need, and read it or copy it. But just like a brick-and-mortar library, you can’t write new questions or make comments at the end of a book. Instead, new questions should be posted in the appropriate discussion forum.

To keep things organized and easy to find, this forum - the "TRAILMANOR REFERENCE LIBRARY" - is closed to general posting.

The librarian (that’s me) will add “books” from time to time. If you have written a tutorial or a manual that is comprehensive, stands alone, and would be of interest to many TM owners, let me know - we'll put it in the library. If you would like me to add a book on a particular topic, let me know - I’ll do my best to find it, get someone to write it, or write it myself. And finally, if you find any info in the library that is wrong or incomplete, let me know – I’ll do my best to fix it.

This is an experimental concept, since it is different from the operation of the other parts of the Board. I solicit your help and comments. If all goes as planned, this should become a comprehensive library of information on Trail Manor trailers – information you won’t find anywhere else.

Bill