TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2017, 09:13 PM   #1
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Default Living without running water...

A little over two weeks ago our well went kaput. We share it with three other neighbors which has complicated the needed repairs. I am so happy to have the TrailManor opened up in the driveway! We can use it for warm showers, all we have to do is pump water into the tank. I bought a bunch of 5 gallon water containers from WalMart and then ordered this pump: https://www.amazon.com/TeraPump-TRPM...words=terapump
This pump fits the 53mm cap AmericanMaid 5 gallon water containers and is sturdy and fast! We can put it outside the TM and pump the water into the holding tank. I put a piece of clear tubing inside the pump outlet (leaving off the spigot they provided) that reaches down into the inlet.

After this experience, I realized that in a pinch, we'd need more water storage. We have a spring that is running pretty well but we need more storage. There is a 5 gallon bucket in the ground now down below the spring and we can use that to fill up the toilet to flush by sinking one gallon containers into the bucket and bringing those up to the house.

It's kind of like camping in the house...2 1/2 gallon water container over the sink, the dishpan and the dish drainer from the TM in the kitchen. Water bottles on the bathroom vanities.

We've been able to fill up the containers at work and other places and haven't gone without so far.

It's just a lot more work...