TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2016, 12:32 PM   #1
kengiesige
Site Sponsor

Talking Counter top edging

Somebody a couple of months ago was having the edging coming off on counter by the wardrobe & the bed I told him I used Gorilla glue on mine in May on my 2005 2720SD
& put the blue painter tape around it to hold in place it lasted till last week so it lasted 4 month it was not completely off it was just loose on the top & bottom
about a foot or 2 yesterday I used a new Gorilla product it's Gorilla Construction Adhesive it has a little spout you can attach it worked great
I put on the top & bottom of the edging on counter & put the blue painter tape
to hold it in place when I took tape off today the glue held it in place & it was fixed The Adhesive is thick like caulk it worked great & think it comes off because of moving the wardrobe up & down theirs another Gorilla glue that has a brush in it that works great too.--------Ken
kengiesige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 05:47 PM   #2
gonzo628
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kengiesige View Post
Somebody a couple of months ago was having the edging coming off on counter by the wardrobe & the bed I told him I used Gorilla glue on mine in May on my 2005 2720SD
& put the blue painter tape around it to hold in place it lasted till last week so it lasted 4 month it was not completely off it was just loose on the top & bottom
about a foot or 2 yesterday I used a new Gorilla product it's Gorilla Construction Adhesive it has a little spout you can attach it worked great
I put on the top & bottom of the edging on counter & put the blue painter tape
to hold it in place when I took tape off today the glue held it in place & it was fixed The Adhesive is thick like caulk it worked great & think it comes off because of moving the wardrobe up & down theirs another Gorilla glue that has a brush in it that works great too.--------Ken
Is it still holding? I have a number of places where the edge of my countertop is separating. I am looking to fix. Also, my bathroom mirror fell of the wall when setting up for this trip. Fortunately, it did not break. How do I re-attach?

-2006 3124 KB
-2016 Dodge Durango R/T
gonzo628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:19 PM   #3
ELM-JLM
TrailManor Master

Go to Lowe's or HD and get clear corner protectors! It has peel and stick and looks and works really well! I put it on all the outside edges and also keeps stuff from sliding off! It comes in 4' and 8' lengths and is usually near the wallpaper! I got tired of gluing the chips back on and this was the cure!

08 2619 TM W/The Works, 15" wheels X 4 (2 spares),
2015 Ford F 150 Platinum

Sold to someone that loves travel and camping as much as we do!

Love the forum so always checking in!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ELM-JLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:28 PM   #4
ELM-JLM
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo628 View Post
Is it still holding? my bathroom mirror fell of the wall when setting up for this trip. Fortunately, it did not break. How do I re-attach?
I put the mirror back in place with mirror glue/caulk and then attached the plastic mirror clips and screws! Works great! I also slide a pool noodle between the wardrobe and door after putting them down! Stops banging and vibration!

08 2619 TM W/The Works, 15" wheels X 4 (2 spares),
2015 Ford F 150 Platinum

Sold to someone that loves travel and camping as much as we do!

Love the forum so always checking in!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ELM-JLM is offline   Reply With Quote