TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-24-2007, 03:20 PM   #1
randyveach

Default Biggest complaint with Trailmanor

After using our Trailmanor (2002 - TM3023) for one season, my wife and I both agree that our Trailmanor has two major problems. I thought I would post them on the forum and see if there was a work around for them. The first is the noise from the airconditioner. It is positioned over the back sleeping area. We have tried several things including; sleeping at the other end of the TM (small bed) and sleeping with our head at the other side (which is the better of the two). The other problem is stepping up to the bed. It's not so bad with me, but my wife is short, and even with a stepping stool, that midnight trip to the bathroom is very frustrating.
I'm not sure anything can be done short of going with a different type of camper, but I told my wife I would ask. Again, thanks in advance for any and all help.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:21 PM   #2
ripp1202
TrailManor Master

Don,t turn on the a/c get a ladder!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding Even with the a/c in the front it was loud !!!!We keep it on low and I would thing you could get a bigger step stool!!!
Old 09-24-2007, 05:30 PM   #3
rtcassel
Site Sponsor

Default A/C noise abatement

User mjlaupp started this thread about noise abatement:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=2084
Equal-i-zer 1000, Prodigy, McKesh, UnderCover
rtcassel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:33 PM   #4
Keith Wire
TrailManor Master

Randy,

The AC is noisy, but I think it is the same in all RV's. If I need AC then I put up with the noise. There have been some people who have done a modification to their units to quiet them somewhat. Here is a thread that may help you some.

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=2084

Also as far as getting into the bed, I'll agree the step stool isn't always the easiest to use. I have been thinking of making a ladder similar to what you see on bunk beds. It would have more than one step and could even have a hand rail. But it must be able to detach...

If you are handy, you could be the first to build one and show us your plans

Keith
Keith Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:34 PM   #5
Keith Wire
TrailManor Master

Tim, you are too fast...
Keith Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:08 PM   #6
rtry9a

My only "problem" involves the low storage (Im 6'5") shelves- insignificant compared to the TM's ease of towing. It might be a bigger problem if we had to live in the trailer for extended periods...
Old 09-24-2007, 09:53 PM   #7
tucsoncarol
Site Sponsor

Default Get a two step.

Rubbermaid makes a two step stool very like the one that came with our TM. The little fold-y step that is sold at Camping World also comes as a two step model (CW may not carry it, just look on-line). At least one actual metal household folding ladder with two steps looks really good to us. Go to Home Depot or Lowe's and shop 'til you drop.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:57 AM   #8
coulter

The little folding stepstools that tucsoncarol mentioned from Camping World are really great, I disposed of the supplied one and replaced it with one of these, and fold it up during the day and it's out of the way. I also added a two step one for when we have younger children with us, and store it in the outside compartment until needed, these take up very little space when not being used. It would also work well for a shorter grownup.

We also did the air conditioner mod mentioned above and highly recommend it.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:33 AM   #9
jack & cindy hamilton

my biggest complaint is shoddy work. screws falling out of stripped holes. the ends of formica falling off. a hole in the filler panel which spans the gap. no crank for the stabilizers. (last two my dealer Maiden Creek in Penna. never made good on - after several tries i gave up.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:48 PM   #10
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Did you look for the crank under the bed mattress?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote