TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Where do you store your TM
Inside 13 27.66%
Outside 34 72.34%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2005, 07:25 PM   #11
Larry_Loo

Thumbs down Ours stays outside

We store our 3124KS outside in a side yard. We prefer keeping it in the shade because of our very hot summers. Unfortunately our only tall trees that provide sufficient shade are eucalyptus trees, and, they are messy. About twice a year, therefore, we (my wife mostly) clean the seeds, and dried bits of sap off the TM's roof. There's an aluminum carport in our TM's future - but it's not a high priority item.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:35 PM   #12
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Just a tip. If you rent a space for 6 months and pay up front, most storage lots will give you the sixth month free - but only if you ask for it!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 04:33 PM   #13
Steverino

Default Let it snow?

Okay, so the weatherguy is calling for 6" - 10" of wet snow tomorrow. While we plan to keep our newly acquired TM in the garage, I have a few things I have to do first, so for now it's outside and set up.

Anyone know about snow load on these things? Should I be getting out tomorrow with a ladder & push broom to knock off the accumulation?

Thanks,

Steve
Old 02-27-2005, 10:16 PM   #14
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverino
up.

Anyone know about snow load on these things? Should I be getting out tomorrow with a ladder & push broom to knock off the accumulation?

Thanks,

Steve
Old TM video allowed that the roof can carry 3000# of snow, ice, pine nuts, or whateva! I can't run a test of my own to verify/refute the claim. If I could, I wouldn't. I have become skeptical about claims which are difficult to prove.

Ladder & push broom? Yes, unless you volunteer to test the TM assertion.

Wet snow may be 20-30 lbs per ft^3. Roof around 170 sq ft. Six inches of snow results in 85 ft^3 at, say, 30 lbs per cube. Total wt about 85x30 = 2550 lbs. Couple of extra inches of depth could mean "test over".
Denny_A ( Zinfandel too)
Old 03-01-2005, 05:53 PM   #15
Labs4us

Default under cover

We keep ours under a deep carport that is part of our detached garage. The TM is out of the sun, and the weather, but still easily accessable. It's also nice knowing this carport won't blow over in a windstorm/hurricane and damage the TM. It is actually part of the garage (built into the roofline).