TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2017, 09:15 AM   #1
oldstick
TrailManor Master

Default Aiken State Park, SC

Anyone been there or have recommendations for specific site numbers?
oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:30 PM   #2
b3conswj
Site Sponsor

Default Visited Aiken State Park

My wife and I met some friends at this park, late last fall. They were camping there in a 25' travel trailer. They camped in spot #10. There seemed to be plenty of space between sites and all sites were nestled into the woods with their own picnic table, BBQ pit, fire pit, and hook-ups. (No sewer).
We liked it so much that we bought a 3124KS this spring so we could do some of our own camping! Since we live close to Aiken, we'll probably stay at Aiken State Park some time soon.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:41 PM   #3
oldstick
TrailManor Master

Thank you great info B3!! We will definitely check it out.

In fact, we almost decided to go there this past weekend, but for whatever reason, we went to Modoc COA campground at Thurmond Lake instead. That was a beautiful place and pretty convenient from our home in GA, but was a bit further from Aiken than I had figured.

We are looking at Aiken SP for the future because most of my family is now in the Aiken area. My 80 year old mom just moved to a retirement place in Aiken and my two sisters live nearby as well.

If you don't mind me asking, approximately how far east of Aiken is the park, and how convenient from there back to the northwest side (where US 1 comes in north to the bypass) or to the southwest side (by-pass and Silver Bluff road toward Jackson, SC)?
Old 05-23-2017, 04:00 PM   #4
b3conswj
Site Sponsor

Default Aiken SP

The park is about a 35 minute drive from our house off of Silverbluff, near Glenmoore drive. I think it's a few minutes longer drive to Jackson.
We stayed at Wildwood County Park, near Appling, GA a few weeks ago.
That was a very nice park with three disc golf courses on site. It is a very popular park, especially with the boating public. Lots of RVs and campers, too.
Old 05-23-2017, 04:29 PM   #5
oldstick
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3conswj View Post
The park is about a 35 minute drive from our house off of Silverbluff, near Glenmoore drive. I think it's a few minutes longer drive to Jackson.
We stayed at Wildwood County Park, near Appling, GA a few weeks ago.
That was a very nice park with three disc golf courses on site. It is a very popular park, especially with the boating public. Lots of RVs and campers, too.
Thanks, very much. Sounds like a good location for us then. One sister is between Beech Island and Jackson, another sister up toward Graniteville and Mom is in the Cumberland Village senior community.