TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2002, 09:34 AM   #1

Default Water filter

We want to add a fresh water filter on the kitchen faucet.  
Anyone have advice here?  
Old 04-23-2002, 02:08 PM   #2
Gene

Default Re: Water filter

Whatever water filter that you install on the kitchen faucet, make sure that it does not rise above the water spout. Otherwise it will hit the inside roof, when you fold down.
Old 04-23-2002, 05:39 PM   #3
Paul_Heuvelhorst

We used a small one that attached to the faucet head made by PUR.  I think you will find 2 or 3 different brands if you go to Lowe's or Home Depot.
Old 04-24-2002, 08:59 AM   #4

Thanks,

I wasn't sure if the faucet threads are standard but apparently so.
Old 05-06-2002, 12:37 PM   #5

At home we use the Pur countertop filter that has a separate filter container and connects to a special valve on the faucet with a plastic hose. It lasts about a year at home so would last a lifetime on an RV.
For filtered water you pull out a little slide gizmo on the faucet which runs the water thru the filter. Pushing it back gives you water from the tank for washing dishes, etc.
We like the Pur filter because it filters out a whole bunch of stuff including cryptosporidium germs that made Milwaukee famous. Not all filters do so.
When you want to fold down the unit put the separate filter container in the sink and go for it.
Another option is to carry gallon jugs of filtered water from home to use for drinking & making coffee. Brushing teeth is another matter!
Dick_B
Old 05-06-2002, 01:06 PM   #6

Thanks Dick_B

Most of the faucet filters I'm seeing available are the activated charcoal, 1 micron variety, which filter down as you describe.
Old 05-26-2002, 08:24 AM   #7
Happytrails

I bought one that hooks to the city water supply, when I fill the water tank, I use the filter outlet with a hose connection that makes it easier to fill. Is this good enough? Or should I look into one that goes on the faucet like in the convo's here?  ???

Happytrails