TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-14-2015, 06:56 AM   #31
agilitynut

Thumbs up I'm buying the 2008

Thanks everyone for all the help. I lucked out in more ways than one. Turns out a couple of friends in South Carolina live just over an hour from the Georgia dealership where I found the 2008 and they offered to go look at it last Saturday. (They've had trailers in the past and currently own a coach.) They said the 2008 looks brand new inside and out. Even the shower curtain looks like it's never been touched. So not only did I get someone to go over the trailer for me, it appears I've found a diamond in the rough and I got it for a good price.

The salesman had told me the tires were new, but turns out they are original. My friends said they just LOOK brand new. (A 7 yr old trailer with original tires that still look brand new? Wasn't used much.) The dealer agreed to put on new tires, including the spare. They are overnighting the bill of sale to me to sign and I'm arranging for a transport company to deliver to me on Friday. Thank you to Bailey'sMom for suggesting uShip. Every bid I've received has been less than half of what the dealer quoted me for their third party transport company.

Now I just need to make sure I have everything I need for when it's delivered, as I plan to camp in it that same night at my friend's farm.

Have to say again what a great forum this is….it's been a great help to me!

Thanks!
agilitynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:42 AM   #32
TrailManorMan
TrailManor Master

Congrats!!! Enjoy the TM

2012 Chevy Traverse 2009.5 TrailManor 2720 with cassette toilet modification. Cat scale weight 3980 lbs. full tanks

"Retractable hard side camper", way more than a pop up

2020 has 28 nights reserved and planning more.
TrailManorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:27 AM   #33
Padgett
TrailManor Master

"I plan to camp in it that same night " - have power available, either a gen or a long extension cord. This time of year you will probably need AC.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:38 PM   #34
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

It sounds like you found a great TM for your needs. If you're going to pick up the trailer and drive away that same day, you probably won't have time to get the refrigerator going unless you ask the dealership to pre-cool it. You should ask for a full tank of LP, at least 1/2 tank of water, a water hose, and a sewer hose at the very least. It took forever to deal with the dealership when we picked ours up and I knew way more about it (TM wise) than they did. I emailed them and asked them if they needed a cashiers check, they didn't get back to me, and then when we showed up over Labor Day weekend, they wanted a cashier's check. Thank goodness we got there the Friday before. Luckily they had a Wells Fargo close by and we were able to get a cashier's check for them. Maybe you've already done the financial transactions, and if so, that's good.

It sounds like you found a really gently used TM like we did in 2003. We are still enjoying ours, although it's currently at a local body shop due to running over a wheel that came off of a car coming towards us on the way home from Yosemite a month ago. It just broke my heart to see it a little damaged . My Prius and my TM are my babies, like in the auto insurance commercial when the guy is washing the giant baby .

I hope it suits your needs and that you have many enjoyable trips in it. I've taken ours out a few times without DH and have had no problems after I learned how to back it up. When we went to Yosemite I backed it into the campsite and the guy camping across from us came over and complimented me on my parking job, it was pretty tight getting into that spot. It just takes practice.

Good luck with your purchase and your trip home.

D'
Old 07-14-2015, 10:56 PM   #35
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Glad you found better deal on the shipping cost. Now cross your fingers and say a few prayers that it goes smoothly. Mine did and I'm sure yours will too. Congrats!

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 11:13 PM   #36
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

You were smart to ask about the tires. When we bought ours, they were original but looked brand new, even had the little rubber threadies sticking out from the tire. Lasted about a year and then we had a blowout. I had no clue how old they were. It wasn't fun. I went into the rest room at a fast food place on the way back and looked at my face in the mirror after we'd ordered some food for the family and realized that I had tire grime wiped all over my face after changing the tire.

Lots of good advice here on this forum.

Thanks to all of you TM owners who continue to contribute to the wealth of knowledge that makes this board so worthwhile and informative.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:12 AM   #37
RottieMom
TrailManor Master

agilitynut, my TM is the first travel trailer I've ever owned and most of the time I travel solo with it. I created checklists for myself to make sure I didn't forget to do something or the right sequence to do it in whether it's hooking up the trailer, setting it up or taking it down. Something you may want to consider.

Congrats on your purchase and I hope you get lots of enjoyment out of it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2013 TM 2720SL
2011 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 Hemi 5.7
RottieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:33 AM   #38
agilitynut

Thanks everyone. I'm pretty excited.

The outrageous prep fee includes two full tanks of propane, so I'm good there. They included in writing on the bill of sale the three new tires and checking bearings, so covered there as well. Got the bill of sale via Next Day Air yesterday and signed and overnighted back to them. Wiring payment this morning and they were to start prep for delivery first thing this am. She's as good as mine.

The only hiccup is the transporter I booked called me yesterday morning to tell me his truck dropped a valve and would be in the shop, so he had to cancel the booking. I relisted it and have another transporter who can deliver, but not til Sat am, so unless he runs ahead of schedule I'll be in a hotel the first night. But at least I'll have it for the rest of the weekend.

The nice thing about being at my friend's farm this weekend is I'll be parked beside her house, have access to a porta-john about 50 ft away, and get to use her 30 amp plug in. So I won't truly be camping, but it will be a great intro to the trailer for me - I can test things out without having to really "need" anything but the A/C. It's her annual picnic weekend event and all our friends can't wait to check out my new trailer. She and another friend have even said they want first right of refusal whenever I decide to sell it. Haha!

RottieMom, thank you for reminding me about a checklist. In the few months I've been shopping for a TM I've read a lot on this forum to try to educate myself and one of the things I saved off was a very detailed check list that someone had created and shared. After reading your post I made sure to print it out to take with me this weekend.

I have a ton to learn as this is my first TT and first time to tow anything, but I'm excited about the adventure. Thanks again to all who contribute on this forum. I paid my subscription and will surely continue to learn from you all in the future.
agilitynut is offline   Reply With Quote