TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #11
wmtire

Thanks for all the suggestions and recommendations. Please keep them coming, as I have adjusted our itinerary according to them.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #12
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

I had forgotten about the Stavekirk but that is definitely worth a visit. We didn't make a service but it's interesting to see.
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #13
T and C
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbmiller3 View Post
I had forgotten about the Stavekirk but that is definitely worth a visit. We didn't make a service but it's interesting to see.
WB,

Your 2619 is equipped with a Doran TPMS. Hmmmm. Perhaps a Toilet Paper Maximization System?

What is a TPMS?

Tom

TV 2010 F-150 4.6, factory tow pkg, air bags
T and C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #14
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

Good suggestion, but no, but it's a Tire Pressure Measuring System. There are lot of discussions about them on this forum.
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #15
happybeebob

Default National Parks and Monuments

Just a little advice as the wife and I met up with my cousin in San Antonio Texas and came back with him in his fifth wheel trailer visiting The Grand Canyon, Kodachrome, Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse Monument, Little Big Horn Monument and Yellowstone National Park.
If you are 62 or older it would really behoove you to buy a Senior Pass through the National Park Service. It costs $10 and is a lifetime pass. The pass lets you and up to three others in the vehicle to enter the park without paying a fee. I found this online before I left early in May and went down to our local Federal Parks office and picked it up. For the $10 it saved us $75. It did not work at Rushmore because it is concession run and Crazy Horse is private but the other National ones the entry fee was $0. Google it and you can find all the goodies it covers besides entry. At last a benefit for getting older!

Bob
Old 06-07-2012, 09:08 AM   #16
T and C
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybeebob View Post
Just a little advice as the wife and I met up with my cousin in San Antonio Texas and came back with him in his fifth wheel trailer visiting The Grand Canyon, Kodachrome, Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse Monument, Little Big Horn Monument and Yellowstone National Park.
If you are 62 or older it would really behoove you to buy a Senior Pass through the National Park Service. It costs $10 and is a lifetime pass. The pass lets you and up to three others in the vehicle to enter the park without paying a fee. I found this online before I left early in May and went down to our local Federal Parks office and picked it up. For the $10 it saved us $75. It did not work at Rushmore because it is concession run and Crazy Horse is private but the other National ones the entry fee was $0. Google it and you can find all the goodies it covers besides entry. At last a benefit for getting older!

Bob
It also gets you a discount at National Forest Service campgrounds. Here in CA you have to buy a parking pass to park most places along roads in the forests, and the senior passes can be displayed for this as well.

Tom

TV 2010 F-150 4.6, factory tow pkg, air bags
T and C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #17
TexasCamper

Default SD Black Hills area

We have just concluded our trip to the Black Hills area and want to share these "favorites" selected from our kids:

Wind Cave NP - One of the ranger-led walks is a candlelight tour. A small group walks through a section of the cave using candle lanterns.

Jewel Cave - Similar to Wind Cave, there is a lantern tour. You use old fashioned lanterns; and the small group gets to choose one of two possible routes through the "original" portion of the cave.

Custer State Park - Both the wildlife loop and Sylvan Lake were highlights. At Sylvan Lake, there is a rock climbing school/guide that offers a "rock climbing 101" for young and old. The kids can climb like spiders! Also at Sylvan are canoe & boat rentals and a great swimming area. There is a campground at Sylvan that looked really nice and shaded. We camped at State Game Lodge which was a very sunny campground.

Mount Rushmore - combined this visit with a trip to Alpine Slide, which the family loved.

Devil's Tower - kids enjoyed scrambling around the boulder field while I loved reciting Close Encounters quotes to an underappreciative family.

Badlands National Park - our visit to Badlands was shorter than planned, as the extreme heat taught us how the place received its name.

Minuteman Missile National Historic Site - I thought this would be too deep & disturbing for the pre-teens but they found it interesting.

Theodore Roosevelt National Park and Little Missouri State Park - We camped at Little Missouri SP and loved it. It is the "badlands" of ND and we had the place to ourselves. TRNP was enjoyed for its bison and wild mustang. Being in the middle of the oil drilling rush in western ND was quite an experience by itself.

-John
TV#1: 2008 Chrysler Town & Country (3.8L Touring w/ tow package, WDH) (*retired 2018*)
TV#2: 2015 Nissan Pathfinder (w/ tow package, WDH)
TV#3: 2018 Ford F150 (w/ tow package, WDH)
TexasCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:45 PM   #18
namklg

Glad to hear that you got into Wind Cave. It had been shut for about 6 days due to the fire just west and south of them.
Sounds like a great time was had by all!