TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2018, 09:16 PM   #21
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

I had a 2417 that had the water in the rear. I liked it, as it did keep the tongue from being overloaded. Since I have not paid my $12 this year, I can't see the pics. But, if the "black and silver enclosure" is what I had, it is ¼" felt, which helps insulate the water tank on sub-freezing nights.

I asked Bob for that before I purchased our 2417 Standard, as our Sport had the water tank inside the living box, and was not at risk of freezing. With the tank in the rear storage, it was more susceptible to freezing. But, with the outdoor shower right next to the fill port, I could run hot water into the Fresh tank in the evening, raising the temp in the tank. This, and the felt, kept it from freezing on those 10° nights.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:27 AM   #22
Brittany Dogs
TrailManor Master

The factory should consider paying the way for some of us to fly out to the factory and get a seasoned customer’s suggestions on many aspects of their new units. I was never a fan for using the refrigerator compartment as the main “junction box” however they made matters even worse from what I can see, along with less workmanship. Expando sleeves should have shrink tubing at the ends, preferably shrink tube that is called “TAT” which the inside wall of the tubing has heat melting adhesive.

Worse, the center lifting arm, which mine only has motor cord to power the AC and another Expando sleeve harnessing a few more wires, on this factory unit it looks ugly and sloppy looking.

At the same time I am ever so glad a company picked up the design and brand name and is now producing units. I wish them luck. Just consider some of the concepts of Quality Control, Quality Assurance. Do not expect your customers to be your Quality Control Department please!!! (I did say please)
2011, Model 2720SD, 13.5k btu Dometic Low Profile Penguin II with a user installed Easy-Start modification, "Jack" TV Antenna, 15" Goodyear Marathon 225/75R15D Tires on Alloy Wheels, Swing Hitch, Electric Tongue Jack, Front Window (now an option). Powered with a Honda 2000i or 3000 handi (depending on the weather) generator when dry camping. Powered with two 6V Trojan T145 batteries when I need to run silent and deep. TV = 2016 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab w/ WDH.

Home Port: Western New York.
Brittany Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote