TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 08:01 AM   #1
FLHMAN73

Default New / Old Owner

Hi Everyone.
I just picked up a 1989 27' so I guess I am not sure if I am a happy new owner or a old fool owner. I didn't give much for it and its not in bad shape from all I could see.
I did browse here a bit but do have a couple quick questions.
I was wondering about the upper and lower side seals. I see many people have just made there own.
1 - Are they available new from Trailmanor ?

The second thing I saw right away was that this unit is very low to the ground. Have any of you lifted one of these things by some sort of lift kit axle rework or change tire size ?

Well that's it for now I will take one thing at a time and try to put up some pics this weekend.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:01 AM   #2
rumbleweed

There is a lot of information on lift kits and tires. Do a search and you will find enough reading for a few days. The lift kits are pretty simple and required if you want to upgrade to larger tires. Also Older TM's used wood in several areas and there is a lot of information on checking/replacing that. There is one thread on a total beautiful rebuild of an older TM. Note that your trial membership will expire in a month and you will loose access to much of the info you need. Membership is just $12.00/yr and it will be the best $12 you ever spend because whatever you need/want to do with your TM has already been done and is most likely described in detail including the gotcha's. Information on joining can be found here: http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=1064

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHMAN73 View Post
Hi Everyone.
I just picked up a 1989 27' so I guess I am not sure if I am a happy new owner or a old fool owner. I didn't give much for it and its not in bad shape from all I could see.
I did browse here a bit but do have a couple quick questions.
I was wondering about the upper and lower side seals. I see many people have just made there own.
1 - Are they available new from Trailmanor ?

The second thing I saw right away was that this unit is very low to the ground. Have any of you lifted one of these things by some sort of lift kit axle rework or change tire size ?

Well that's it for now I will take one thing at a time and try to put up some pics this weekend.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #3
FLHMAN73

Thanks for that info.....
Old 04-19-2013, 11:05 AM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I'm not sure of the dates, but somewhere back in that time frame, TM used 13-inch tires on their trailers. If your TM is one of these, you can think about upgrading to 14-inch tires, but TrailManor, and many of us owners, have gone to 15-inch tires in the last couple years. I have no idea if either of these upgrades from 13-inch would require a new axle. The 14-inch to 15-inch upgrade did not.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:03 PM   #5
FLHMAN73

I was looking at it this weekend and think that maybe just moving the axles to the other side of the springs would be enough for what I am thinking. I am only worried about the tank drain gear, which is already cracked from a hit I would say.
It would not be much work at all to do that swap and the 4 or so inch would be a great improvement.