TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2003, 06:08 PM   #1
Happytrails

Default Securing your generator....

One thing to note, while not using your generator, be sure to keep it chained to your trailer toungue as they have a tendancy to "walk off" in the middle of the night. Anyone in here care to share your thoughts/actions/ideas on this?

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails...........[/glow]
Old 08-04-2003, 10:57 PM   #2
Robin

Default Re:Securing your generator....

What size and brand generator do you use? They are pretty heavy; I can't even imagine getting it out of the truck. I thought that maybe you would just keep it in the back of the truck while in use.

--Robin
Old 08-05-2003, 04:29 PM   #3
Happytrails

Robin, there is a good discussion on this at:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/yabb...;threadid=1086

(Just a few messages down from this one).

Hadn't thought about simply running it out of the back of my blazer tho, I guess it wouldn't be a problem as long as I parked it far enough away from the TM, and kept the exhaust pointed outward with the tailgate down. Might actually quiet it a bit for other campers in the area by being surrounded on three sides. It would also protect it from the elements as well. Dunno if the exhaust that might get blown back a bit in the blazer would leave an undesirable smell though. Anyone ever try this approach before?

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails.......[/glow]
Old 08-05-2003, 05:58 PM   #4
Windbreaker

Happy, don't think that is a good idea. I think the sound would be amplified. It would smell up the Blazer. With the Blazer open you just might get up in the morning to find yourself afoot.
Old 08-05-2003, 08:44 PM   #5
Happytrails

Like I said, it might smell up the Blazer, but no, sound would be amplified in the direction that the rear of the Blazer's pointed only I'm sure, and no, I would NEVER leave the blazer unsecured overnight. Chuckle, in the barracks in the army, though it never happened to me, there's been a time or two a soldier came back to his room to find the entire contents of his wall locker flung off the back lanai, (balcony), because of an unsecured combination lock......Chuckle, needless to say, it didn't take many "examples" for us to get the hint on that one..........lol All kidding aside tho, yes, I would be most worried about the smell encroaching the interior of my Blazer more than anything.

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails.........[/glow]