TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2006, 07:04 PM   #1
Grouse

Default Favorite Campgrounds?

Winter is such a good time to relive past trips. I wonder what your favorite campgrounds are?

DW & I agree that these would be ours:
Private: Lazy Daze in Townsend, TN (Smoky Mtns)
State Park: Wilderness State Park, Mackinaw, MI
National Park: Sleeping Bear Dunes Platte River CG, Empire, MI.

Maybe you can give us some travel ideas for the coming camping season.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:26 PM   #2
Firedog

Default Favorite Campgrounds.

Our absolute favorite campground is Fort Wilderness in Walt Disney World. It is always rated as one of the top campgrounds in the country. Another one of our favorites is Magnolia Springs State Park in GA.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:01 PM   #3
Grouse

Default camping season

Jealous of the endless camping season ... although I seem to recall that the Panhandle has blizzards on occasion. Not my kind of camping.

We too camp near and far, cities, rural, wilderness, meadows and mountains. But what I'd really like to know is of all the places you have camped, what is your favorite campground(s)?

Looked up Magnolia Springs in Millen. Looks beautiful!
Old 01-19-2006, 08:18 PM   #4
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

We like Lower Pines in Yosemite Valley, Seacliff State Beach, and the PG&E campground at Lake Almanor.

Last week we stayed at Sam's Family Spa Hot Water Resort in Desert Hot Springs, CA, for three nights, and we will definitely be going back. It was so relaxing - very quiet at night, and hot water well-fed mineral baths up to 104 degrees. Very clean baths and pool area, although the rest of the campground was somewhat dated (but we like things that way). There is a huge game room with a ping-pong table and a billiards table. We haven't slept that much in a very long time. If I ever feel the need to run away to somewhere to relax (in the winter) I will definitely head out that way.

http://www.samsfamilyspa.com/index.html
Old 01-19-2006, 10:45 PM   #5
PopBeavers

Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park in the winter

http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=578
Old 01-19-2006, 11:16 PM   #6
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

PopBeavers - have you ever been to Andrew Molera State Beach just north of there? It's a really nice beach and the short hike out is flat and through a very unique coastal area. We have been there a few times, but there's no trailer parking in the parking lot. We always leave the truck & TM off the road along Hwy 1 just south of the road to the beach on the east side of the highway. You can ride your bikes around out there too. I think that it's one of the finest and most pristine beaches on the California coast that we've ever been to.

We also like to stay at Big Sur Campgrounds & Cabins - haven't been there for a couple of years. There is a nice swimming hole there in the late spring. I think that a trip there this spring is definitely in order.

So many favorite campgrounds, but the day jobs get in the way...and the kids' school...
Old 02-02-2006, 09:17 PM   #7
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

Default The Wet Mts.

Lake Isabel Recreation Area in the Wet Mts near Pueblo Colorado. They have electricity but not water at each campsite (there are water stations and you can use a "water stealer" to fill up your tank). Beautiful, beautiful setting and wonderful cool weather in the summer compared to coastal Texas.
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote