TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2007, 04:35 PM   #11
larsdennert

For me it was all about weight. The HiLo was just too heavy for my 4Runner. Our 2720 is about as much as I would want to tow with it. The motor is too weak to combat the stock gearing and 33" tires as well as a heavy trailer. We are very happy with our TM. For us a major step up from tent camping. We just came back from a 1500 mile trip to Utah. On flat ground I barely knew it was back there. On the 8000ft 6% passes it was a 45mph proposition. Certain parts are a bit fragile on the TM as it is lightly built but nothing that can't easily be fixed or improved by someone handy.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:47 PM   #12
oilfieldtrash

Guy (and Gals), you have sold me on Trailmanor trailers. I checked out my garage dimensions and the maximum size of it with automatic garage door still opening is approximately 22' 8". I would most likely get a swingaway tow tongue as an option. This puts the maximum size unit I could purchase as either of the 3124 models. If my wife and I decide to get the larger 3326King, it would entail storing the trailer outside either under a canvas cover or building in the future under an aluminum shed of appropriate dimensions. I am now trying to decide whether to opt for the smaller 3124 and be able to store it in garage, or for the 3326 and storing it outside with additional expense of a cover. Those of you who store your trailer in various fashions, which way would you trend? Completely sheltered storage in garage with smaller trailer or largest trailer outside to some degree in the elements? Thank you for your input. We are planning on looking at Trailmanor trailers near Fort Worth this coming Thursday.
Oilfieldtrash
Old 09-08-2007, 05:32 PM   #13
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Well...they say...size isn't everything. I have the 3124ks and LOVE it. But I read that those who have the 3326 really love the side dinette. The floor plans are somewhat similar...but you can reach into your fridge from the dinette in the 3326...for the Ketchup that you forgot to put on the table. I think...not sure but there is more counterspace in the 3124ks then in the 3326 due to the dinette taking some of that space.

Personally I think it would be cool if the 3326 had a larger shower...but to my knowledge all bathrooms are the same.

How many are you planning to sleep in your new TM??? For many that is the deciding factor.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 05:37 PM   #14
oilfieldtrash

Countrygirl,
Almost all the time it would be my wife and I, so I would prefer floor plan with couch and chair. Our girls and spouses would probably occasionally go with us which would make 6. I would love the larger 3326 but wouldn't be able to get in the garage. I would hate to put it outside with added expense of building cover over it. So I am on horns of dilemma, smaller one inside or larger one outside with somewhat lesser security and exposure to elements. Which way would you opt? Always in place dinette is good feature of 3326.
Oilfieldtrash
Old 09-08-2007, 06:36 PM   #15
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Well I like the 3124ks because it has 2 dressers...one by the bed and one in the living area. The one in the living area is a handy place to set up your television. I can't remember if the 3326 has both dressers.

Neither one will sleep 6 adults. However a 3124kb will...but you lose the 2nd dresser...but there are drawers under one sofa....you also lose the open floor space ...but.....you do still get to have the king bed though.

I say get the one YOU like best...and let your younguns and their spouses sleep in a tent! That way they will appreciate it when they get their own.

You have a lot of fun ahead of you...picking out floorplan, fabric, which model stove/oven you want, do you want either or both of the hanging upper cabinets, how about the built in flat screen tv, do you want solar panels installed, do you want carpet and floor tile or all floor tile...do you want it in the stone look or the wood look????

Decisions... decisions....have fun!

BTW...have fun.........the size of the tow vehicle or it's towing capacity/capabilty is the most important thing.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:22 PM   #16
PopBeavers

I have never understood the value of a living room in a camping trailer.

We just got back from a weekend trip. DW and I slept in the TM and the kids (24 and 26) slept in their tents. Allegedly I snore.

We used the TM as our master bedroom and kitchen. We cooked breakfast inside but ate outside. For dinner we cooked outside, but the bees showed up so we went inside to eat. We did wash dishes inside.

One of our goals when camping is to minimize the amount of time we are inside the TM.

Perhaps the difference is that we live an camp where it normally does not rain during the camping season.

There is nothing to do inside. The trees, campfire, moon and stars are all outside. Sometimes we might play cards at the picnic table, but never indoors.

As much as DD and DS say they won't sleep in the trailer, I am sure that if an unexpected storm rolled in that they would move indoors rapidly. W3 can sleep 6 on the beds.

I guess my perspective is just different from others. For us, smaller is better. Why drag around something that will never be used.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:55 PM   #17
larsdennert

Well when it's 110 degrees the entire week's vacation, the AC and insulated trailer is nice. With two little kids It's made camping easier than tenting it. Some trips we spend at the beach where being outside as much as possible is the way to go. The only exception being Pismo State Beach where it's certainly easier to sleep in a trailer than a tent with the crazy nuts riding motorcycles at night.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:59 AM   #18
Queeniereads

We have the 3124KS and would just love to be back on the road but are without a tow vehicle. We store ours at the back of our city driveway under a cover we bought thru TM. After one season the cover ripped and TM was very nice to send us mending material, but it will take time and erergy as the tear was large. But, it will be done. As per living rooms, we bought a low-backed recliner to replace the chair that came in the TM -- not too comfortable. We hope to buy a truck next spring so will hope to see you all back on the road! Queen
Old 09-13-2007, 04:30 PM   #19
oilfieldtrash

Finally got to see the Trailmanor trailers in person at dealer south of Fort Worth. Very impressed at layouts and also the trim level and apparent good workmanship. My wife and I will probably end up getting the 3124KB. Like the idea of two sofas and also the two beds. I was surprised at how much storage space there is in the trailer compared to our last Starcraft pop-up trailer. The salesman demonstrated putting down the trailer. Very ingenious design. Also the bathroom setup was amazing. Looking forward to getting one in the near future. First need to get new tow vehicle as we at moment have pretty small vehicles. Mazda MX-5, Nissan Frontier (4-cyl), and VW Bug diesel. Will probably sell the Nissan and get half-ton pickup. Am looking forward to getting trailering again. Thanks for everyone's input. Will appreciate any other unsolicited advice.
Oilfieldtrash
Old 09-13-2007, 04:56 PM   #20
larsdennert

The Titan or Tundra would be good tow solutions. Even a V6 Tacoma might work. They have lots of power. We were used to tent camping an fitting everything in the back of our 4Runner. The amount of storage in these things is really nice. The counters are taller than a pop up which is comfortable and all the equipment feels more home-like vs a tent trailer. For us, the time to fold it down is negligible compared to all the time we spend on the rest of the packing. On our last trip, we parked in a truckstop parking lot, opened it up and were ready to overnight in 5 five minutes while the tenting folks among us checked into a Motel 6 for the evening. It would have taken us longer to unpack all the things we'd need for the hotel room stay en route. We have two toddlers so you can imagine. We didn't unhitch but I did put the jacks down to prevent wobble when you wander.