TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2015, 09:16 AM   #1
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Default Lion County Safari Loxahatchee, FL, 33470

Took a long weekend to visit the Lion County Safari, outside West Palm Beach, almost exactly 180 miles from home. Plesant days, chilly nights (40's but did not need furnace, heater in roof air was pleanty to maintain 70F).

Most challenging part was twisty driveway to KOA enterance but is flat. Spaces were a comfortable size with a concrete pad for the picnic table: had water, power, and dump at site. Pet friendly.

Make sure you pick up supplies beforehand as office/shop is only open from 9-5:30 and only vending machine I found was for $2.50 Pepsis by the laundry. Nearest groceries/gas was about 6 miles away

One shower/rest room building on east side and about 1/3 mile from the pretty central site. Fortunately I had hot water until the morning of departure. Did give the Thetford a workout but no noticable odors in cool weather.

Only oddity was on return the Turnpike had two sperate enterances, on for sout and one for north, both left turns from a busy six lane road.

Tickets for two days of the Lion Country Safari tour and park including parking were part of the package. Was interesting but they do not allow interesting animals to get close to cars and more(last time I was there, a lion bit a chunk out of one of my tires. Of course that was a new 1970 Buick GS so a while ago).

ps infotainment system worked well with over 40 OTA TV stations.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LionCo4.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	11164   Click image for larger version

Name:	LionCo3.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	11163   Click image for larger version

Name:	LionCo1.jpg
Views:	254