TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-05-2005, 10:43 AM   #1
LittleBirdie

Cool Cleaning the bathroom question

Okay, I have a question on doing a general cleaning. I have heard so many different stories on how to clean your RV. Obviously, I can use Fantastic to clean my counter top and table. However, the conflict I am hearing is regarding the small bathroom. I have heard that no household chemical should be used to clean the tub, sink and toilet.

However, since I am a clean freak, I want to clean up these area and know it is clean. What can I use to clean the toilet, etc?

I have a 2005 3023 TrailManor. I love it. I have been using soap and water to clean these area up, but I feel I need an extra deep cleaning power.

Old 10-05-2005, 11:49 AM   #2
ripp1202
TrailManor Master

Thetford

Aqua Clean (Formerly Aqua Bowl)

Works hard so you don't have to!
Non-abrasive, no-scrub cleaner.
Safely cleans and freshens all plastic, fiberglass and porcelain in and around RV's, boats and home.
Available in: 32-oz. bottle. http://www.thetford.com/specialty_chemicals.cfm http://www.thetford.com/permanent_faq.cfm#clean Hope this helps The Rip
Old 10-05-2005, 12:02 PM   #3
LittleBirdie

Default thanks

Thanks for the answer. I will go find the product tonight and clean my trailer up before I go camping to Inks Lake this weekend! Wonder how many other trailmanor I will see there. Usually see 1 or 2 other trail manors.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:41 PM   #4
Magdefrau

I'm a trained cleaner. My dear mother taught me. In the Army my saving grace was our platoon earned weekend passes through my understanding of cleaning.....spit shining the barracks. Really all the TM Bathroom needs is a quick vacumn then car waxing. This cleans and shines. Most importantly the dirt next time will not stick. The next clean/wax is quicker. Rememeber to vacumn first as this removes hair and crumbs. If all you do is one thing, buy auto window cleaner and do the windows. There is a two inch section of glass that can't be gotten to. This is because I could not remove the sliding glass pane. Bend a thin strip of clothen wrapped metal to get behind the partially open pane next to the screen on out side. Go slow. Super clean windows hide a lot of dust. Folks will always focus on clean windows.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:49 PM   #5
Bill & Lisa

Birdie,

I use a totally biodegradeable product (like simple green) that I could drink and not harm me--except for a little flatulence probably. If it won't hurt me and can be used in a baby's room, I believe it's okay for the bathroom fixtures and holding tank. Have used it so far and have had no problems. Another product would be from that pyramid company- - -Basik H?