TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-31-2016, 05:00 PM   #1
RottieMom
TrailManor Master

Default Camping/Hiking at Heron Lake/Chama River

I went camping/hiking for 4 days this past weekend at Heron Lake/Chama River in New Mexico. Every trip I figure out something else to make the TM work even better for me. I don't know how most folks use the sofa on units like mine, but I like to lounge on the sofa and read when I'm not out hiking with the dogs. And, I found that with the sofa back on the sofa there just isn't that much room. I ended up moving the sofa back off of the sofa and just putting pillows at one end so I could put my feet up and stretch out to read. I think before my next trip, I'm going to get some additional throw pillows that I can either use behind my back when sitting or piled up at one end when reclining, and I'll just leave that sofa back at home in the garage.

Also, thanks Craig, for the USB fan idea for the fridge. Worked great. I bought a Dometic 12V portable freezer/cooler that I can plug into the TV and keep food cold while traveling, then turn on the TM fridge at the campsite and with the USB fan it cooled down pretty quick and I could transfer food to it. Then, I used the portable Dometic to keep food cold that I had left over on the trip back home.

Another thing I learned about from someone on this forum (don't recall who) is little ceramic electric heaters. I brought two of those with me and they worked awesome. Temps were in the low 30s at night. I never turned the TM furnace on and the little ceramic heaters are pretty quiet. I could also put one in the bathroom while taking a shower and kept it warm and toasty in there.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2013 TM 2720SL
2011 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 Hemi 5.7
RottieMom is offline   Reply With Quote