TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2018, 09:56 AM   #1
Dkboz90!

Default Prospective buyer

Hello All, I have been looking at buying a TM for a while. Currently looking at a 2006 2720SL. They are asking $9000, which I think is high. Really just would like some opinions on what to look for on a used TM? Things to look for that might need repaired that I wouldn’t know to look for. Would really like to get one of these!
Thanks
Dkboz90! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 10:39 AM   #2
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

Price is relative, and also really seems to depend on region. TM on the west coast are significantly higher than ones on the east coast. Price will also depend on what upgrades have been done. Some have outfitted their TM with solar, upgraded tires, and other pricey upgrades. A new set of tires and wheels alone could be a grand in value just like that.

As for what to look for, make sure everything works. Make sure it opens and closes easily. If one of the shells seems to require a lot of heft to open, it may require adjustment or even new torsion bars. I wouldn't call that a deal breaker, but it could be a negotiating point.

When I got my TM, I looked all over this forum and it gave me ideas on what to look for. When I saw all the help available on this site, I realized that I could pretty much fix anything, and that meant a lot having so much help available here.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 03:14 PM   #3
MRichaud

Not sure if it helps, but we bought an '06 2720SL a few months ago. Paid $8000 for it. Included 15" upgrade wheels and tires; otherwise all standard equipment. Was pretty well maintained, and had plenty of paperwork to document upkeep, included original manual.

As for what to look for, I'll defer to the more experienced folks here. The seller of ours did do a nice job of demonstrating all the features/functions of the trailer, which pretty much sealed the deal for us.

Good luck with your search!

Mickey
MRichaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 08:18 AM   #4
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

The only sound advice I can give without repeating others is, DONT JUMP THE GUN. I traveled to Texas to pick one up, cause the seller told me it was in great shape and hardly used. I get there and first thing I see is all around the toilet is green and yellow like crusted pee and rot. then the title was not correct, I hated to drive back 900 miles without a TM but I did. looked around at a few closer then in 2 weeks I found mine about 40 miles from my home. at a camping world that they had no clue what they had gotten in on a trade, I picked up a 2008 2720SD for 3600 bucks . So just be patient one will come up. I have since done a lot of upgrades as it was a bone stock TM. and the upgrades add up fast.

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
2015 Prius v the money saver
Craigrrr is offline   Reply With Quote