TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2016, 07:50 PM   #1
br2_wdc

Default Possible Remote Inspection Option?

Good Evening All:
I came across this site, and I am wondering if this would be a viable option for folks who want to have a remote TM looked over before they buy:

https://rvinspection.com/

110 Tulaka Blvd. Suite D
Heber Springs, AR 72543

Has anyone heard of them? Looks like they are based in AZ, but must have folks across the country? Inspections start at $295 and go up from there depending on the type of RV, and how many inspection points they cover.
br2_wdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 10:01 AM   #2
ArkyDoodle

AZ is Arizona....AR is Arkansas......Heber Springs is about 40 miles from me...

TM - 2014 2417KS SilverTrail --- SOLD
Purple Line Enduro Caravan Movers
ArkyDoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 10:49 AM   #3
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

If you're willing to pay $300, then there are lots of possibilities. Call up the nearest TM dealer and have them send a tech out there to do an inspection. Even with travel reimbursed at $50/hr, that opens up a 2-hr radius and gives the dealer $100 for the 1-hr inspection.

Any other dealer or RV repair shop could do it too, just like auto repair shops do it for used cars. You just don't hear about places doing it remotely because most places aren't willing to travel 2500 miles to pick up a Ford Focus. But I bet it's done for boutique cars.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 12:50 PM   #4
br2_wdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyDoodle View Post
AZ is Arizona....AR is Arkansas......Heber Springs is about 40 miles from me...
I believe I knew that, but apparently my reading ability to differentiate between AZ & AR is the issue here ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
If you're willing to pay $300, then there are lots of possibilities. Call up the nearest TM dealer and have them send a tech out there to do an inspection. Even with travel reimbursed at $50/hr, that opens up a 2-hr radius and gives the dealer $100 for the 1-hr inspection.

Any other dealer or RV repair shop could do it too, just like auto repair shops do it for used cars. You just don't hear about places doing it remotely because most places aren't willing to travel 2500 miles to pick up a Ford Focus. But I bet it's done for boutique cars.

Dave
Good Afternoon Dave:
It's done for any car you want inspected, and I actually used a web based car inspection service to do this exact same process for an out of state car I was interested in purchasing. Finding something similar for RV's makes a lot of sense, and I wanted to share it because I am frightened by the number of folks who are considering and even buying TM's SIGHT UNSEEN!

To your point, it doesn't matter if you contact a a local RV dealer or in this case a web based RV inspection service; bottom line is you should have someone inspect it before you purchase it. It would be nice if they were familiar with TM's, but the big ticket items are similar across all RV's. Items such as the furnace, A/C, fridge, water heater, tires, and most importantly checking for body damage, and for leaks or water damage inside apply to any RV.

Hopefully we'll find out if anyone has any experience they can share about this site or in your example what they did to get a TM inspected by a local TM or RV dealer before they purchased it.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:59 AM   #5
[email protected]
BannedUsers

I did buy my TM sight unseen and had a good idea as to it's shape...but then again I only had to pay $5500 for it (2003 3124KS) after driving 1500 miles to fetch it.
So br2_wdc in your photo of your rig it looks as if you are towing "down hill" or that the front of your TM is not level and sagging at your hitch. You need a weight distribution hitch to level your rig up. I have one for mine...it's made by Blu Ox called the Sway-Pro. It;s the best wdh I think and for sure the easiest to work with. Look into it. Mine saved my trailer when I had a blowout (didn't sway in the least bit). Kept it going straight and I never had a hint of losing control...and that was at 70 mph!
TC
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 01:21 PM   #6
br2_wdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
So br2_wdc in your photo of your rig it looks as if you are towing "down hill" or that the front of your TM is not level and sagging at your hitch. You need a weight distribution hitch to level your rig up. I have one for mine...it's made by Blu Ox called the Sway-Pro. It;s the best wdh I think and for sure the easiest to work with. Look into it. Mine saved my trailer when I had a blowout (didn't sway in the least bit). Kept it going straight and I never had a hint of losing control...and that was at 70 mph!
TC
Good Afternoon Thomas:
I have always looked at the photo a little differently; I see a slight "kink" in the middle of my TM, which is why I thought it was sloping forward toward the hitch.

We have done 3-4 camping trips and I have not felt any sway or towing issues, but they were relatively short, and given your observation I will take another look.

Thank you for your observation ...
Old 03-04-2016, 10:00 PM   #7
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Tell you what, put a small level on the tongue and see if it's on the level. Also check several places along and underneath the frame...looks can be deceiving I know...just ask me about my x wife!
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote