TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-22-2016, 03:06 PM   #71
mmayville

Here we go pictures of the new fix up of my TM!!! Whoooo Hooooo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Before.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	2.70 MB
ID:	14421   Click image for larger version

Name:	After.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	14422   Click image for larger version

Name:	Before 2.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	800.5 KB
ID:	14423   Click image for larger version

Name:	After 2.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	14424   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nice Job !.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	14425  

2004 2720SL Swing Tongue
2015 Toyota Tacoma V6 4.0L
Many changes since I purchased it!
mmayville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 04:34 PM   #72
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

Nice, Looks good.

Happy camping, may you have sunny days and the wind at your back when traveling.

Where did you stay at the OB. We have been there many times since 1994. Right now we are planning March 2017 to stay in a timeshare at Nags Head. Our DD, DSI and GB will be joining us after her 8 month Navy sea deployment. Thought about the CG in the National Sea Shore at Oregon Inlet, but the TM is too small if the weather is not good.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 06:27 PM   #73
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Wow they did an amazing job!
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 10:22 AM   #74
mmayville

Talking

Yeah that is what I was thinking too!! Amaazing Job!! Can't wait for the new A/C to get installed. It is an Atwood 150000BTU and the one that Tom put in his. The only drawback is the filters. You have to drop the plenum to clean them but there is a fix for that too. It has a remote control and it is a heat pump in addition to being a quiet A/C. If all goes well and the weather holds then I am taking my TM to Lawton, Ok to see my son and grandchildren over my Christmas break in December. This year it is Dec. 23rd through Jan. 9th. I am excited. If not then I will go on mid-winter break which is Feb. 20-24th. Either way I have never had my RV out in the winter time. I can do nothing less than to brag about General RV and the commitment to customer satisfaction and being able to perform repairs beyond what I could ever imagine. This General RV is in Brownstown, Michigan and Amorette is the service person that took such great care of me!!

2004 2720SL Swing Tongue
Old 11-23-2016, 10:34 AM   #75
mmayville

Quote:
Originally Posted by tentcamper View Post
Nice, Looks good.

Happy camping, may you have sunny days and the wind at your back when traveling.

Where did you stay at the OB. We have been there many times since 1994. Right now we are planning March 2017 to stay in a timeshare at Nags Head. Our DD, DSI and GB will be joining us after her 8 month Navy sea deployment. Thought about the CG in the National Sea Shore at Oregon Inlet, but the TM is too small if the weather is not good.
We stayed in Waves at the Ocean Waves Campground for about 54.00 a night in our TM. The closest city is Rodanthe. They have a lot of beach houses there. The KOA has a lot of nice beach houses right on the beach. A little $$ but still right next to the beach. A very nice place to be.

Mike

2004 2720SL Swing Tongue
Old 11-23-2016, 02:02 PM   #76
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Just a heads up, the blower fan runs CONTINUOUSLY on that Atwood A/C system. Not a big deal for some since it's pretty quiet, but for some people it's a deal breaker. I don't think Atwood mentions that anywhere in their literature.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 03:32 PM   #77
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Be easy enough to rewire on the other side of the thermostat. Might want to use a relay.
Old 11-25-2016, 06:04 AM   #78
mmayville

I will check into this. At best we are always at a full hookup site and really not our electricity we are using. But have paid for the site. Just a thought. But then again, every RV that I have owned the A/C blower motor is running constant anyway. On my full size RoadRunner, Hi-Lo and this one the A/C was constantly running even after it has reached the cycling part of the system. Quiet is good and I love quiet. My Hi-Lo was very quiet also and I did not have to crank up the volume on the TV to hear the program. I think I am going to like this. Opened up my TM today to check the awning out while the unit is up. Turning the crank handle was like running a knife through butter! Excellent! Now all I have to do is install the 2 brackets on the RV side of the awning and the two teflon bushing on the leg stand side to be able to hook up my Florida room. I kept the old awning that was massacred in the accident so I would know if I needed my old bushings that hold the side support arms of the Florida room. Now I can put the rest of it at the curb on recycle week and see how long it takes somebody to pick it up for the money they will get to recycle it. My wife and I have a little kinda game we play when we put things at the curb whether from things in the house we have replaced or an old vacuum. We say to each other "Start the clock" and see how long it takes someone to pick it up from the curb before the recycle company comes on Monday morning to pick everything up. We are happy to help those that need the money and get it by picking up things they can cash in.

As promised here are pictures of the new Atwood A/C command unit. The filter comes out of the front of the unit so there is no mod to take them out of the sides of the unit. Works really great. In the process of getting the unit ready for the dual reclining sofa with the cup holder in the middle. The sofa should be here in the next 2 weeks which gives me a little time to get things finished up.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20170429_140828.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	895.9 KB
ID:	15158   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170429_140913.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	871.5 KB
ID:	15159  

2004 2720SL Swing Tongue
Old 04-02-2017, 09:13 AM   #79
mmayville

Big Question for the Forum.
Since I do not have access to my TM right now because it is parked in my winter storage lot. What is the height of the slide in the front of the TM? We are going to Elkhart, In in the morning to price a double reclining sofa to take the place of the Jack knife bed. The back comes off of the recliners so that part is not a problem. I really do not think that the height of the rest of the sofa is going to matter with the backs off. I am going to have to make the slide a flat surface by lowering the middle box and removing the heater. I have a heat pump in my new atwood A/C that works like a champ. Does anyone have the height measurements of the slide bottom to top?

Got it handled. Move the box where the jack knife sofa was and just moved it straight down to the floor. Perfect fit. The top of the reclining sofa comes apart in 5 sections. So when we put it away for the winter it will go in the living room of the house. :-)
Here is the jack knife sofa replacement. It is totally comfortable and my unit closes without any problems at all.

Thanks

Mike
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20170429_140924.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	15160   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170429_140932.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	15161   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1499045780709.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	15684  

2004 2720SL Swing Tongue
Old 07-15-2019, 02:17 PM   #80
mmayville

Moving my TM to Oklahoma and putting it in my son's back yard for retirement living for a little while. Not planning on retiring for another 2 years but always plan ahead for the unexpected. He has a sewage line to tap into for the bathroom stuff and a fresh water line to tap into for the other water stuff. Have a new water filter to soften the water flow.

Seems like everything is coming together for retirement. He has a 32 foot 5th wheel that he parks at a friend barn. What could be sweeter than to live alone with my 3 legged Pug that had cancer in her 4th leg and is now cancer free and only 4 1/2 years old.

Thank you Bill for the pointers on replacing the kitchen sink water spicket. Had to remove the water tank vent return hose to get to the hot water line with a basin wrench but it worked after many scratches and bruises. Made me a happy camper when the job was done. And like everyone else I do not want to do it again. The replacement spickett is a little taller than the one I replaced but I have to remember to take the overhead faucet off before closing or it will snap it like a twig. :-)

As for the propane heater, the antenna, the snack trays, and other miscellaneous items that i have upgraded will end up in the garage sale coming up in August. Cash and carry. I have a friend that has invented the extendable flag poles that you see on the market. His dad invented the extendable wand that retrieve's golf balls from the lakes. I have found that the extendable flagpoles are good for attaching the external antenna to and lifting the extendable flagpole in the air for TV signals works quite well and can extend your wireless range as well if you know how to attach the antennas.

2004 2720SL Swing Tongue