TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-07-2003, 03:39 AM   #21
hal

Default Re: TM's on the road.....

Colorado Cop.  The reason you don't see them and that your radar gun doesn't pick them up is because they are made from the same material as the stealth fighter.  Some people claim they don't really exist because they haven't seen one..... same category as ufo's and aliens and Roswell.  Atually, they may have passed right by you.  If they were coming from Kansas into Colorado, they were probably not going too fast (kind of a reverse warp) as it is all up hill and into head or cross winds.

By the way, you have probably driven past the Burlington "Olde Town" and noticed the white church.  That was built by my wife's grandfather when he was a pastor in Armel  (to the north of Burlington)  It was moved from Armel to be on display at this location.

Hal
Old 05-08-2003, 03:04 AM   #22
oilspot

I saw a fellow TM at Desoto Falls State Park in Alabama over easter weekend.  Never had a chance to catch up the them, but another RV couple stopped by to say hello... Turns out they were ex-TM owners that outgrew their stately TM and are now "full timers."

FWIW: The other TM was nice looking - 2000+ model.
Old 05-08-2003, 07:44 AM   #23
Chris_Bauer

South Padre is a great place.  We always stay at Isla Blanca at the West end of the island.  Makes for great beach combing in the winter.   Joseph's is a great restaurant, good service, great food and atmosphere.
Pirate's Landing is good too, but it was a much better restaurant before they expanded and remodeled.  

Enjoy your stay, wish we were there :-/.

Chris
Old 05-10-2003, 03:33 AM   #24
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
First time discussion for me. Just heard about the site yesterdaY.
Hey Colorado!  Glad to see you followed up!  That was me you talked with at the gas stop a couple days ago.  We just pulled into our driveway in Maine last night.  Long trip, but fun.  Hope you stay around the board here - there's lots to learn, and lots to teach.  This is a good group of folks.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote