TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-31-2015, 04:26 PM   #21
funpilot
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64tbolt View Post
I did a little test yesterday. Water in my fresh tank was 57*. opened the hot wide open in the bathroom sink Furthest from the heater, about 7/8' of line. hot water within 15 sec & @ about 18sec it was 118*. Let it run about 12 min & temp was the same 118*. 61* increase and was steady for 12 min. 120* is max setting on the unit. I was using a therm that cost about $3 so not the best. When testing last summer temps were in the high 40's low 50's so my water would have been the same as my tanks are exposed. Did not measure the temp but long shower was comfortable.
That is very promising. Can't wait until I can get one installed near by.
Dometic 1110 Compressor Refrigerator
BlueOx SwayPro Hitch
2.5 inch lift kit
Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C
Yada Wireless backup camera
funpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:53 PM   #22
64tbolt

wish we could find a tester on the east coast or up north.

funpilot, fly out to Az and shower in mine. We could put some ice in the tank and see how it goes.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:41 AM   #23
64tbolt

From looking @ Truma's website Orangewood RV near me is the only retail dealer so far. They are the only one listed.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:11 PM   #24
kikeehn

Default New on Demand WH

64tbolt,
Have you checked with them in person if they carry the Truma, because I checked there web sites parts and accessories and nothing is listed even under new products. The only thing I can think of is that they signed up to be a future distributor.
kikeehn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 12:50 PM   #25
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

64tbolt, did you try the same process with just the regular water heater? I have not been with hookups, so I don't have a clue if it can keep up if you do a normal shower with a low-flow head.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 08:25 PM   #26
64tbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikeehn View Post
64tbolt,
Have you checked with them in person if they carry the Truma, because I checked there web sites parts and accessories and nothing is listed even under new products. The only thing I can think of is that they signed up to be a future distributor.
Orangewood probably have not updated their site. I have not checked personally. Give them a call.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:27 PM   #27
64tbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToCamp View Post
64tbolt, did you try the same process with just the regular water heater? I have not been with hookups, so I don't have a clue if it can keep up if you do a normal shower with a low-flow head.
Never timed it but I have ran out of hot water before after doing dishes then taking a shower. Mind you my trailer has some age on it so maybe my old heater wasn't up to par. I am alone in my trailer with 122 gal fresh water so conserving is not on my mind as here in Az you can drain grey water on the ground while in the forest or desert.

try it @ home and time it. My test with this was hot only, mixed for shower temp it could go on forever. Shower temp should be 101/102 & my test was @ 118
Old 02-01-2015, 08:38 PM   #28
kikeehn

Default New on demand

64tbolt,
I hope by the time I order mine TM has it as an option. Right now as I have said in other threads I'm waiting for complete Information on the new Rise and price point. I used to have a 34 ft Class A and it just got to hard to take care of and maintain.
kikeehn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 08:48 PM   #29
64tbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikeehn View Post
64tbolt,
I hope by the time I order mine TM has it as an option. Right now as I have said in other threads I'm waiting for complete Information on the new Rise and price point. I used to have a 34 ft Class A and it just got to hard to take care of and maintain.
I have thought about a C in the past but a MH is only good for 1 thing. Truck & trailer makes sense for me. Worst thing you can do to an engine is let it sit for long periods. I have never been in a TM, never seen one. I am spoiled to a 5er. I downsized from a 38' toy hauler with garage and 16' dinette/ lr slide. I just don't need that much living space for just me. So 34' no slide but has the same bedroom, walkin shower & separate toilet room. But with that comes the expense of owning a diesel truck. But I have a Corolla for running around.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:15 PM   #30
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64tbolt View Post
... I have never been in a TM, never seen one.
Ummm - OK, let me ask the obvious question. If you have never been in a TM, never seen one, why are you suddenly so active on this TM forum? Do you get a commission on each water heater you sell?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote