TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-17-2011, 09:37 PM   #11
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

I take one Holmes 1500w twin ceramic heater that I use in the kitchen/living area that I put on a milk crate (it has a thermostat, so I can run all night without worry). I run on low (1000W and keep at about 66 to 67 degrees). I keep the bathroom door and sink cabinets ajar.

In the bedroom I use Lasko, 'My Hea't personal heater. it's a 200 Watt ceramic heater that does not have a thermostat, so I use to preheat the bedroom and use until we're ready for bed. It heated up the bedroom to a very compfy temp and turned off when we went to bed. I put another one of these up front for the kids, but they did not need during the night. I purchased the Holmes at Target in the late winter when they were on sale at 75 percent off for a two pack about 5 years ago (less than $20 for both). I purchased the Laskos about two years ago at Walmart when they were about $7 each on clearance and keep one in my office when not traveling. They are great. The only thing I may do is put a thermostat or timer on the bedroom Lasko, but so far, I just found that if I turn off at night and turn on in the morning and we're fine. The Lasko is to small, that I take it into the bathroom in the a.m. to preheat prior to showers and it works great!

We'll be using again this weekend to keep warm if it gets cold at night.

I saw a couple of ceramic heaters at Sam's club today that looked interesting. Let us know what works for you!
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
15" Karrier Loadstar Tires w/TR-416 Stems
Bill's Screen Door kit
And a host of other mods...

14 y.o. 'Sasha' (aka 'Miss Kitty), started fostering 12/24/10 and adopted 3/15/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tgpmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:33 PM   #12
PopBeavers

Interesting that you set your thermostat to 66 for the electric heaters.

I set the gas furnace to 55 in the TM. That might explain why I have no complaints about the noise. It comes on for less than 5 minutes about 4 times overnight. I can live with that.

But I live in a warm climate. Even in January the overnight lows are in the 40s.

At home I am less frugal. In the winter the house is set for 58 at bedtime.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:32 PM   #13
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

By setting the larger heater at 66 degrees, we stay at what seems to be a nice 60 degrees at each end of the camper once we are in bed and the mini heaters are done for the night. Hopefully we won't have to deal with frozen pipes. Haven't camped in the winter without electricity, so not sure how we'll set the thermostat on propane.
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
15" Karrier Loadstar Tires w/TR-416 Stems
Bill's Screen Door kit
And a host of other mods...

14 y.o. 'Sasha' (aka 'Miss Kitty), started fostering 12/24/10 and adopted 3/15/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tgpmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:15 AM   #14
Dave99gst

Does anyone have pics of the noodles installed ? I dont understand were they go - Ive looked @ my bed on my 2720SL and i dont see any large gaps that need filling. Or does this only happen on other models ?
Dave99gst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:45 AM   #15
rumbleweed

I have a 2720SL and use noodles. Look from outside underneath the bed along the sides. You will see some combination of a white rubber seal and /or the fabric that piece on the head and foot of the bead. The noodles go up from the bottom into the space between the side and the slide out bed box.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:15 AM   #16
Dave99gst

Im going camping this weekend, im going to have to take another look !
Dave99gst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:30 AM   #17
rumbleweed

I found the cheap ones from the Dollar Store work best. I was not aware how many sizes (diameter) Pool noodles come in until I tried several of the ones the grand kids use in the pool. When I get out there later, I will measure one
Old 10-21-2011, 06:40 AM   #18
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

I have never seen them at the dollar store. I go to Dollar Tree. There is also General Dollar and Family Dollar. Which dollar store did you get them from?

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:43 AM   #19
ELM-JLM
TrailManor Master

We get ours in Dollar Tree! Our store has them in the window close to the entrance!

08 2619 TM W/The Works, 15" wheels X 4 (2 spares),
2015 Ford F 150 Platinum

Sold to someone that loves travel and camping as much as we do!

Love the forum so always checking in!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ELM-JLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:42 AM   #20
rumbleweed

The ones I use are 2.25" in diameter. I have gotten them at several Dollar type stores, however usually during the summer months. You will need two. Just stick them in place, mark where you need to cut to shorten length and use a sharp knife.. When I close up, I use them as bumpers for the stuff stored on the floor.