TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-26-2002, 02:38 PM   #11
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

Default Re: Newbie Questions

Quote:
My experience with a "cheap" drill is that it may not provide enough torque to turn the jack. You need one with sufficient torque. Keep this in mind if you are considering this option. My Makita works great for this!  ;D

Wade
Wade,

I used my "cheap" Makita cordless drill and 1/4" Allen Wrench on my roundtrip, Wed-Fri, to Eagle River, WI.

Slick. Had the right stuff all along, just kinda "fergot". At my age, I'm well into the 3rd thing to go. 2nd was memory - I forget what the 1st wuzz. (Sure it wern't  spellin').

Denny_A  :-/
Denny_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 12:03 PM   #12
PAUL_R

the trailmanor is great for towing but the poping up and moving around of equipment and supplies may become a problem as compared to a motor home. as you know, the motor homes simply unplug and off they go.

in fact after a year of having the trailmanor and at age 57 starting to think twice about how long i want to continue with the poping up and down even with excellent health and a young wife ;D.

in fact i am considering purchasing a airstream for the above reasons.
Old 07-29-2002, 01:04 PM   #13
Chris_Bauer

My experience is limited to the Trailmanor. We have traveled over 3500 miles in 1 1/2 yrs.  We did rent  a Rialta for a week but found it was to compact compared to the 2720SL.  What really, if any, is the difference in setup time between a TT, MH, and a trailmanor?  You still need to level, put down the jacks, hookup lights, water and sewage.  For all you get with the TM in terms of weight, towability, reduced tow vehicle size, and great gas mileage, what else is there? ;D

I know that you can add an electric tongue jack, but what about electric jacks for support and leveling, can those be converted?

I guess if I had to dislike anything about the TM, it would be getting out the drill and raising and lowering the jacks.

Any ideas??
Old 07-29-2002, 04:08 PM   #14
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

Quote:

-------snip------------

I guess if I had to dislike anything about the TM, it would be getting out the drill and raising and lowering the jacks.

Any ideas??
Are you kidding. I just used my portable drill for the first time! It's like the difference between kissing the "Dairy Queen" and the "Dairy Air". Instead of 5 minutes of hand winding, it took 60 seconds (not counting transition time) and NO SWEAT! Cool.

Denny_A
Denny_A is offline   Reply With Quote