TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-23-2003, 06:40 AM   #11
Bruce

Default Re: LED Lights to Save Power

I ordered a little goose neck, 3 led lamp with a flat base designed to be screwed to a wall as a reading light. I plan to mount it in place of one of the non-functioning "fancy lamps" on the wall by the sofa.
 I haven't had a chance to put it in yet but will give a report on it after the Julibee.
 I purchased it through the internet from ALF Enterprises in Mukilteo, WA. It cost $25.

Bruce
Old 05-23-2003, 10:22 AM   #12
2619PDX

Bruce:
What's the link to ALF?

Gregg
Old 05-23-2003, 03:27 PM   #13
KB7OUR

Gregg, to answer your question a few posts back, I have replaced all the interior lights with 1156 19 LED cluster replacements.  They give off a kind of barely noticable violet like glow when I light up the TM.  I really like the results but you must turn more lights on to obtain sufficient lighting.  I replaced the porch light with one that would take the same type of bulb and used a yellow lense with a white light.  These are not for everyone, but we love the effect.  If you need lots of light I recommend replacing every other light where you have doubles so you can choose either type depending on needs at the time.

Wade
Old 05-24-2003, 03:13 AM   #14
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
What's the link to ALF?
The link is http://www.alfenterprises.com/. However, the HTML code is poorly written, and doesn't work on Netscape (at least on ver 4.79). Use Internet Explorer.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 03:30 AM   #15
Bruce

Gregg,
  You can also try this page to find all LED companies out there. If you click on Alf Enterprises from this page it will take you to their selection of LED lights.

Bruce

http://www.ledmarketplace.com/led_busdir.htm
Old 05-27-2003, 05:34 AM   #16
2619PDX

Bruce - Have you put yours in yet?

We went camping over the long weekend here, and one of those fancy lamps drove us crazy...  It tends to randomly go off, and when you touch it, sometimes it works... (There is a bad wiring connection there somewhere, but I'll have to dismantle the lamp to find it!!!)

Anyway, IF I have to dismantle the lamp, I could just a easily replace it with the kind of LED lamp you bought if you think it works ok.

I know this has been talked about on this site before, but what other options are there out there now?

Thanks, Bob. Let us know what you think of your light.

Gregg
Old 05-27-2003, 06:24 AM   #17
2619PDX

Sorry, but i must be dense here as I go to that website and see everything BUT LED lights on the ALF site. Sorry.

Gregg
Old 05-27-2003, 01:09 PM   #18
Bruce

Gregg,
  Go to the LED Marketplace site I sent you, click on LED manufacturers and then click on ALF Enterprises and you will be able to access their LED light selection. The url Bill sent for some reason does not have their LED light selection on it.
  I also got a neat little LED flashlight from them. It runs on a 9 volt battery and glows in the dark so it is easy to find. Think I'll place it on the counter at the end of the bed for those late night trips to the bathroom.
 No. I have not installed the wall light yet. Will do so just before we leave for the TrailBlazers Jubilee in late June. Your problem with the "fancy lights" is probably not in the wiring but in the socket connection. I have heard that TM has discontinued these lights because they are so troublesome.

Bruce

Bruce
Old 05-29-2003, 05:17 AM   #19
2619PDX

Guys:
I just spent a small bundle on a brass cabin light replacement for one of the "fancy lamps" in the front of my trailer.  This lamp has a 24 LED white bulb in it. It's got a "reading light / spot lamp" look to it and swivels 360 degrees.

I found it at TheLEDlight.com . I'll see how it works out.

Gregg
Old 08-09-2003, 02:56 PM   #20
bbeckham

[quote author=Wade link=board=7;threadid=935;start=0#msg6499 date=1053725238]
Gregg, to answer your question a few posts back, I have replaced all the interior lights with 1156 19 LED cluster replacements. They give off a kind of barely noticable violet like glow when I light up the TM. I really like the results but you must turn more lights on to obtain sufficient lighting. I replaced the porch light with one that would take the same type of bulb and used a yellow lense with a white light. These are not for everyone, but we love the effect. If you need lots of light I recommend replacing every other light where you have doubles so you can choose either type depending on needs at the time.

Wade
[/quote]

Hi Wade,

How are your LED cluster bulbs holding up? We replaced 6 of our interior bulbs with LED clusters. Liked the lighting effect, low bug attacting characteristics and low battery draw but we are not happy with the viability of the LEDs we got from www.superbrightleds.com. Of the 6 bulbs (1156) we bought which came with 19 LEDs per bulb --- 3 have only 7 LEDs still burning, one has only 4 LEDs, one has one LED and the last has zero. Will check with the company and see what's up with their bulbs. Since they only had a few hours use, I hardly consider this satisfactory. Where did you buy yours? Are all your bulbs still functioning at 100% or are some of your LEDs in the cluster burned out?

Betty Ann