TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-09-2003, 10:05 AM   #11
2619PDX

Default Re: Bike Rack

Once again. This is great information. You've just answered my bike rack questions.
Great Job! thanks for sharing.

Gregg
Old 05-29-2003, 05:46 AM   #12

I am planning to buy a bike rack in the immediate future.  Any recommendations?  Currently, I have 2 adult bikes and 2 children bikes.  What type of accessories do you all recommend obtaining?  Have there been any problems with the mounting to the TM bumper?  This looks like a great solution.  The Swagman Twister looks interesting...was wondering how the extra cradle worked?
Old 05-30-2003, 01:30 AM   #13
RickNewcomb
Site Sponsor

>>Any recommendations?
Just make sure the bike rack is heavy duty and can be mounted on the back of a Trailer. The bikes bounce around more on the back of the Trailer more than the Tow Vehicle.

>>What type of accessories do you all recommend obtaining?
I bought the hitch stabilzer for the Swagman bike rack. I use it both on the TV and the Trailer. Check this website:

http://www.swagman.net/detaila.php?id=64020

>>Have there been any problems with the mounting to the TM bumper?
I only had to tighten the bolts on the adapter once. I'm going on my 4th season using it. Check this post. This person seems to experiencing sway with 4 bikes.

http://tretta.hypermart.net/cgi-bin/...num=1054264006

>>The Swagman Twister looks interesting...was wondering how the extra cradle worked?

The extra cradle just slides onto the post. I mostly use the 4th cradle when I'm using the bike rack on the TV. I cannot fit the 4th bike on the trailer due to the spare tire.  But your spare tire is mounted underneath. So, you shouldn't have this problem.

I mostly carry three bikes on the trailer. If I need the 4th bike I carry it in the van.
RickNewcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 06:51 AM   #14
2619PDX

This past week, I mounted the swagman 2" bumper adapter to my 2619. At first I thought I could mount the unit underneath the bumper.

However, could not overcome the 1-1/4" gap between the bottom of the tool box and the bottom of the bumper.

I also noticed that I had to go out and buy longer - 8-1/2" galvanized 1/2" long bolts too. Anybody else need to do this? ???

Anyway, what I did is to put the bolt heads underneath and the nuts on top. Also, on the forward (Outside) 2 nuts at the rear of the bumper, I put a jam nut under the top plate.

This seems to have taken care of the gap problem. How have the rest of you handled this gap :-/

I'll let you know how it works as I'm leaving later this afternoon for a weekend camping trip.

Gregg