TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-02-2012, 05:48 PM   #11
Keith Wire
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Just out of curiosity ...
Are you folks in the outage areas experiencing this?

Bill
Bill, we were out for 16 hours this time, then it went on and off for about 6 more. I have two generators, one for home and one for the Hardware Store. I keep both gens full (with Stabil of course) and two 5 gal gas cans full. Even then it wasn't enough so I did like I did in the ice storm... I started siphoning gas out of the truck. I could have gone on for at least 24 more hours before needing gas, and fortunately it was only 15 minutes away.

Anyway, it kept us going. We were the only business in town still open! Woo Woo!!

I was only a Boy Scout for about a year, but I learned my lessons well, "Be prepared".

Keith
Keith Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:11 PM   #12
klv5920

Outages here in Dayton were spotty. One side of the street has electric, other side not.
Some areas not touched at all. It just depended how the path of the wind went.
DH's company has offices in Huntington, WV and they were unable to work today due to not being able to get gas.
The winds were like having a tornado go through. In this area, news is saying power back by Wednesday. Temps not quite as high here but still in 90's with high humidity. We are just not used to temps this high but everyone helping out. Dayton Power and Light is handing out free bags of ice all over the city and there are several shelters open.
We do have the National Guard in the area and Ohio has been declared an emergency situation. More storms expected tomorrow, just hoping they are only rain!
Ottfour and Keith, hope you get power soon!!
Old 07-03-2012, 10:16 AM   #13
HIKERZ
TrailManor Master

A few years back after we had two hurricanes back to back and were once again without power FEMA reimbursed us for the generator we purchased and the estimated gas. Our genset is also loud. But it powers the entire house. But we can't do ac and hot water ate the same time when we bought the generator we didn't know we were going to be comped. It might have made a difference but we live in Florida and the nearest generator we could find at the time was in alabama
Old 07-03-2012, 11:08 AM   #14
ottfour

Quote:
Originally Posted by klv5920 View Post
Ottfour and Keith, hope you get power soon!!

Just received word from my son that power was back on at the house. Told him not to get too excited as yet because as the power company brings other grids back up they may have to take us down, but it wouldn't be for 4 days at least.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #15
grakin

I got caught in Ohio's storm on Friday. It was the second natural disaster my camper and I found myself in (as an aside, the only two trips I've taken since being married without my wife have encountered literal disaster) - the last one was an ice storm in Oklahoma. Pretty nasty stuff, and I feel really bad for anyone in any of the areas without power/water/phone/etc. Even the cell towers went off-line in the area I was in (most don't have generators, and even the ones that do often rely on fiber optic cables run across telephone poles).
Old 07-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #16
ottfour

I am truly thankful that my power has been restored. I feel for those who are still doing without as it is terribly hot here. The weather man says currently 99 but my digital is reading 102 in the shade.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:06 AM   #17
clan_salmons

Our power is back. Total outage was only about 68 hours. Neither of our two children have power at their houses yet, but it's getting closer. They cleared a downed tree from my daughter's street yesterday. There was a flattened Honda under there. No injuries; the family was on vacation.

People seem to be holding up well around here despite the heat. It's suppose to go back up to 100 the next few days. Keep on praying for those still suffering and say a special prayer for those working on the power lines. I wouldn't want to be in their shows either.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
clan_salmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #18
klv5920

Glad to hear you have power and getting closer for your family.
So glad those power guys are willing to stick with it!! I am sure they are exhausted by the end of the day and will be glad to get back home.
It is hot here and the wind is hotter!!! Sure hope this ends soon! I feel as if I am living in West Texas except for the humidity!!! Maybe if I did live there I would be used to this!

Karen
Old 07-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #19
BobSan

Default power is on

My prayer for you guys south of the border way south and east .I am complaining that it only mid 60 at home.
Victoria bc.
Canada
BobSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #20
PopBeavers

It amazes me how widespread and long the power outage has been.

I do not recall experiencing an unscheduled power outage that has exceeded 8 hours.

It does help that since 1978 both of the neighborhoods that I have lived in have underground utilities. It also helps that power is fed from two directions.