TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tips and Tricks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-29-2007, 09:00 AM   #11
commodor47
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
. . . I have been price electric blankets...good grief these things are expensive...
Have you considered an electric mattress cover? We purchased one towards the end of last winter. It is very thin and should not interfere with closing the rear shell. I don't remember where Jeri bought ours, but will check with her and get back to you.
Albums
commodor47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:13 AM   #12
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodor47 View Post
Have you considered an electric mattress cover? We purchased one towards the end of last winter. It is very thin and should not interfere with closing the rear shell. I don't remember where Jeri bought ours, but will check with her and get back to you.

Another vote for the electric mattress cover! Last time we went cold weather camping, I 'borrowed' the one from our regular bed at home, and put it on the TM bed. We don't have a nearby electric plug, so I used an extension cord from the plug in the bathroom. We put another thin cover over the electric mattress pad and don't feel the coils at all. We have no trouble closing the rear shell with the pad and cover in place.

Nick
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:33 PM   #13
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Thanks for the suggestions...I will check these out! Walmart told me they won't have any electric blankets down here for a few months. I checked on line at J.C. Penneys a couple of weeks ago for their electric blankets and they had some on sale but seemed really expensive. So I checked BBB and LNT and they were 170.00 on up for queen size...and even though I have a ton of their 20 per cent off coupons...I did not want to pay that price. So on to Ebay....and well...gee I don't want a used blankie for 30.00....and they new queen size which would fit perfect are around 65 to 90 dollars plus shipping. I think I will look into the matress pads.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:28 AM   #14
Scott O

You are truly an inspiration! The mods you have made are awesome. For anyone else interested, the material that TM uses in recent models for trim (valances, pillows, bed spread) is available from the factory. We asked for 1.5 yards and they sent 10 yards so wife has enough to get a significand start on a trailer cover if she wants! Actually she is going to make a round rug, a larger pillow for reading on the couch, and now the spiffy-draft stoppers.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:47 PM   #15
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Thanks Leon...for another GREAT tip!

Scott...thanks for the kind words. What is the color of your interior? How long did it take for you to get a return phone call from the TM factory? Joyce have fun stuffing the draft/gnat stoppers. Hee hee hee! Actually the short ones are a piece of cake...it is the longer ones that are a challenge. I considered....using a clean vacuum cleaner and a cheap bean bag chair....inhale the tiny foam beans into the vacuum and then use the vacuum to blow them into the cloth tube...I chickened out on that one.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:59 AM   #16
Scott O

Default Reply

Sorry for the tardiness of this reply...we actually had the fabric before we had our TM! We asked our dealer (Adventure RV in Anaheim, CA - who was past fabulous by the way) and he ordered it. Had it shipped to our house with no problem and amazingly, no charge!!! We intended to give the extra back to the dealer, but Joyce keeps finding new things to make so we might not have much left. As an aside, we had a couple of cabinet doors with grain flaws. And being anal had the factory ship us a couple of new ones. Installed them with no problem and now are 110% or higher happy with our purchase.

Trying to do a trip a month...Big Bear (a local resort in the San Bernadino Mtns) this month, a trip to an apple picking locale in October, and a trip for fall colors to Zion NP in November. Too much fun. And 3 of our 4 adult kids have recently purchased trailers so we will rarely go alone. Only problem is that grandkids want to do sleepovers each night, and now that we have a trailer without 2 permanent beds it gets sorta cramped. We had 5 sleeping in our rig on our shakedown cruise. Not a single problem!!!
Old 09-19-2007, 12:04 PM   #17
Tuscany Bandit

"We asked our dealer (Adventure RV in Anaheim, CA - who was past fabulous by the way) and he ordered it. Had it shipped to our house with no problem and amazingly, no charge!!! We intended to give the extra back to the dealer, but Joyce keeps finding new things to make so we might not have much left".........

Just out of curiosity, is Adventure RV in Anaheim a new dealer for TrailManors? We bought ours in Anaheim also, but the dealer was Custom RV.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:46 PM   #18
Scott O

Default Oops...

My bad...we bought our tent trailer a couple of years ago from Adventure RV and they basically were awful. On the other hand, Custom RV is where we purchased our TrailManor and they were absolutely the best to work with. My apologies to Custom RV for mixing them up with the other place...thanks for correcting me!