TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-09-2010, 08:28 PM   #11
Joe Daddy

Smile Overall, it was a successful trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b&pcamping View Post
Joe Daddy,
Not sure what you’re coming from with your purchase of the TM. - snip -
Bruce and Paula
06 / 2619
Thanks Bruce and Paula for your response. Our 2720 is our very first RV of any kind, never have we owned even a tent. I told Jeanne that we'd feel very different about things if we had been long time tent or soft sided popup campers!

I do think it is good for us to write about our experiences, I have already gotten several good ideas for the next time. As a previous responder mentioned, we did it the hard way the first time and frankly it was a success. I had read a number of tire, winter and bike rack horror stories here on the forum. I suppose I was actually relieved that things went as well as they did.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:00 PM   #12
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ighlight=shelf

This shows the shelf, but not the baskets. I found those later .

When we get ready to go, we put the TV down between the dinette seats against the front wall on a sleeping bag and tuck the pillows around it. The larger baskets fit on the floor in front of it (towards the kitchen), the smaller basket (that goes on the shelf above the TV) sits on top of the other baskets or can also fit on the floor in front of them. The shelf system sits on the floor in front of the sink and refrigerator without taking it apart.

There is enough room under the paper towels to also put a water container with a spigot that we use when we're boondocking and running low on water. That way we don't have to put water in the tank just to wash dishes and we can put a dish tub underneath it to catch the water so it doesn't fill up the grey water tank.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:26 AM   #13
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Several of us made drawers on roller slides, too. A bit harder to do ...

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...read.php?t=938

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:16 AM   #14
PopBeavers

On the issue of air leaks in cold weather, I don't think this one got mentioned.

We had a draft coming in from a gap between the upper rear shell and the bottom shell, behind the closet. Stuffing rags in did not help.

So I took the rectangular aluminum latch that holds the upper sidewall against the lower shell at the rear right corner of the bottom shell and flipped it over so that I could drill a new hole for the pin in the upper rear shell. The new hole is about 1/4 inch closer to the bottom shell. I now have to lean into the upper rear shell to snap the aluminum bar in place.

That solved the draft problem.

After six seasons of camping the foam around the door began to fail. I replaced it all this summer.