TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-26-2015, 05:06 PM   #11
funpilot
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64tbolt View Post
I did 4/5 months of field testing on this unit. I will take it with me if I ever trade trailers. Love it.
I found this new poster on another forum and because he has had first hand experience, I asked him to join us and participate in this discussion.
Dometic 1110 Compressor Refrigerator
BlueOx SwayPro Hitch
2.5 inch lift kit
Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C
Yada Wireless backup camera
funpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:09 PM   #12
funpilot
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikeehn View Post
Funpilot or any one else,
If you want go to www.truma.net. The WH is under the name of Truma AquaGo and you can read the specs. No price is posted, but if I come across one I'll post it.
I got the $1199.00 price by calling Truma. That is for the Comfort model. Since it has not officially rolled out I guess it might change, but that is what I understand as of today.
Dometic 1110 Compressor Refrigerator
BlueOx SwayPro Hitch
2.5 inch lift kit
Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C
Yada Wireless backup camera
funpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:22 PM   #13
64tbolt

Not sure on the retail price. I was only affiliated with them for field testing only. If any of you would like to ask questions on the performance just ask away. Keep in mind that I boondock over 99% of the time as I have a toy hauler and do a lot of trail riding in the mtns & desert. It was in summer when I tested this unit in the forest @ 7,000' elevation. Temps were high 70's to low80's daytime and high 40's to low 50's @ night. I will do my best to answer honestly my experience. I have nothing to gain whether anyone buys it or not. All I know is it works for me and I'll keep it forever.

It was made public in mid Dec. They are mfg in Germany so I don't know if they are available yet.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:21 AM   #14
moaboy

On demands can be great, but I've had no problem using the stock water heater at all and I like the fact that I can use either gas, electric or both.
What powers the on demand system?
Old 01-28-2015, 01:09 PM   #15
64tbolt

propane only. I know it is not for everyone but I dry camp almost all the time so it def works for me. I have forgot to turn mine on when setting up camp and after a day of riding in the dirt that cold shower is no fun. Now I can turn it on when hooking up @ home & know I will use no propane unless the hot water is turned on when I get ready to use it. No more cold showers or waiting for 6 gal to heat. No reheating the same 6 gal over & over. For those who always stay in campground with hookups if the power is free may as well stay with the conventional heater. I kept my old one & will reinstall it when I sell or trade. I don't want the old type.

I realize my type of camping is different than all of you on this forum but I was asked to come share my experience. I am in no way trying to convince anyone it is better than what you already have. Just something about faster delivery of hot water.

While testing it I took a 10/15 min home style shower and was very pleased. I am alone in my trailer and have 122 gal fresh so conservation is not even a thought.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:46 PM   #16
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64tbolt View Post
... I have forgot to turn mine on when setting up camp and after a day of riding in the dirt that cold shower is no fun. Now I can turn it on when hooking up @ home & know I will use no propane unless the hot water is turned on when I get ready to use it. No more cold showers or waiting for 6 gal to heat. No reheating the same 6 gal over & over. ...
Well, that is a bit disingenuous. It is certainly no big deal (to me, anyway) to flip the switch to turn on the conventional unit when I need hot water, and then off when I am done. Starting from a cold tank, and using propane only, it takes less than 10 minutes to heat the full tank of water, and if the tank is warm when it starts, maybe half that. Which is about as long as it would take me to strip off my grubby clothes and put them away. I would hate a cold shower, too, but I can wait a couple minutes, and maybe pop the top off a nice cold beer while I do. As for heating the same six gallons over and over, the tank is pretty well insulated, so if I heat water before going to bed, and then turn the heater off, the water is still hot enough to give me a Navy shower when I get up.

I'm glad to see that instant water heaters are improving. They were terrible for a long time - I know, I tried one. But to me, anyway, the real advantage of these devices is that you can take a longer shower without running out of hot water. For those that hate a Navy shower, that is a big advantage, and I understand that.

Just my thought. You're right - to each his own.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:25 PM   #17
64tbolt

maybe mine have not been so insulated. I just remember hearing it come on while sitting around the fire quite often but maybe it was just irritating me. Anyway I like what I have now & it works for my style of camping. If we all liked the same there would be no assortment of products. Can you imagine everyone driving a Prius?
Old 01-28-2015, 04:20 PM   #18
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

64tbolt -

You are exactly right. One of the best things about this forum is the diversity of experiences and opinions. Everyone here learns something from that mix.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 06:05 PM   #19
64tbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
64tbolt -

You are exactly right. One of the best things about this forum is the diversity of experiences and opinions. Everyone here learns something from that mix.

Bill
Exaclty, my camping equip & style is 180* from the owners here but there are common issues to all rv's. I'm old but not too old to learn and hope my many years of camping can contribute something to this forum. One thing I have noticed is that most are polite & considerate..........so far. LOL
Old 01-31-2015, 03:56 PM   #20
64tbolt

I did a little test yesterday. Water in my fresh tank was 57*. opened the hot wide open in the bathroom sink Furthest from the heater, about 7/8' of line. hot water within 15 sec & @ about 18sec it was 118*. Let it run about 12 min & temp was the same 118*. 61* increase and was steady for 12 min. 120* is max setting on the unit. I was using a therm that cost about $3 so not the best. When testing last summer temps were in the high 40's low 50's so my water would have been the same as my tanks are exposed. Did not measure the temp but long shower was comfortable.